*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039388-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2283282
My unfiltered thoughts, as I think them.
#1039388 added October 18, 2022 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
10/18/22 3:39pm

Every day, I wake up with this boulder of dread sitting deep in the pit of my stomach. I try to distract myself- I try to keep busy- but no matter how valiant my efforts, I always end up staring hazily at the wall, wondering to myself just how long I had let the fear paralyze me, this time.
I used to think I was destined for great things- things like adventures, spontaneity, and love; I had so much passion. Now, all of my days blend together, and all of my anxieties and trepidations have congealed into a massive clot that has only barricaded me inside of this monotonous existence.
Each and every time I look at a loved one, the dread reminds me that one day, I will lose them. It doesn’t understand that I don’t even need a reminder- in fact, it’s nearly all I ever think about anyways. In the process of being so afraid of losing everyone else- of trying so hard to keep all of them in my sight and safe- the ironic thing, is that I lost myself; and of the millions of things the dread weighs me down with, & reminds me of every day, I’m realizing that not once had I ever been considered.

© Copyright 2022 DestinyAwaitsDarling (UN: bmorgan686 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DestinyAwaitsDarling has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039388-