*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039533-Professional-Eliminators---After-an-Elimination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2282443
Someone was out to get her. Collina wanted to know who it was and why they were doing it.
#1039533 added October 21, 2022 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Professional Eliminators - After an Elimination

Professional Eliminators:
“After an Elimination”


My Third Short Story

Written By

SpaceFaction


     Collina stuck her tongue out and used the tip of it to touch the shimmering pink solid-looking liquid that Maveen was trying to give her. Her head started shivering. Lightly at first. Then a little more. Finally, a few seconds later it was shivering out of control. It appeared like she was having a bad reaction to this liquid. Collina placed that liquid on the top inside of her mouth and rubbed it to get rid of it as fast as possible. The shivering slowed down back to normal almost instantly. She laid the top half of her back down on her Healthcare Sleeper.

     “Would you stop doing that,” said Maveen. “I know it tastes bad. It’s not that bad.”

     “It isn’t just bad. It’s terrible.”

     Using two of his middle fingers, Maveen scooped some more of the pink liquid from a thin small tray about the size of his other hand that was holding it.      “Take it. You know I need it to check you out.”

     “You do this almost every time I try to check you out after an elimination. The only times you don’t is when you are so close to being eliminated too that you can’t stop me from doing it.” Maveen used the corner of her liquid tray to push a red button on the side of that Healthcare Sleeper to bring Collina back into a seated position.

     Collina turned her head to the side to avoid the liquid fingers from getting to her closed mouth. As she turned her head, she took a deep breath and held it there. “It’s not just how it tastes. It is also how terrible it smells. Isn’t there something you can add to it to make it smell and taste better?”

     “I have told you a billion times I can’t do that without it affecting your health results. For the billionth time, would you quit asking me that?”

     “Haven’t asked you that a billion times. It has only been a half billion at the most. Besides, I don’t need to be checked out. There isn’t anything wrong with me.”

     Collina turned her head to face Maveen. With her mouth still slightly opened, Maveen pushed his liquid fingers into it. She had no choice but to swallow it to stop Maveen from gagging her. What little liquid was left on his fingers remained in her mouth as he pulled them out of her. “I’m the Healthcare Professional here. Not you, and I say that you do need to be checked out whether you need it or not.”

     Maveen looked at the large Data Monitor next to Collina. A lot of data was sliding down it rapidly. So, rapidly it looked like a stream of broken-up dots and dashes to Collina as she turned her head to see it too. Maveen smiled. “It appears you are right. There isn’t anything wrong with you this time.”

     “Good. Then let me out of here so that I can start eliminating again.”

     “Not so fast. I want to keep you here a few more hours to make sure that you are ready to return to eliminating. If something comes up before then, Roobic will let us know. Then I will decide if you are healthy enough to do it.”

     Collina started slowly looking around Healthcare. A large room with six Healthcare Sleepers. Three on each side of that squared room. Several monitors surrounded each one of the Sleepers. In the center of that room, Collina saw another squared room with a floating legless desk and chair. On that desk, there were three monitors. The one in the middle had a flat control panel in front of it. What was on those monitors Collina couldn’t see because of where her Sleeper was.

     “Did you hear that?” Collina asked. “I think I just heard something.”

     Maveen was still looking at the Data Monitor beside Collina. First, he glanced over at her. Then he slowly started looking around his Healthcare. When he started looking around, Collina used that opportunity to jump out of her Sleeper and run toward the only entrance there. “I think it was Roobic contacting me about another elimination.”

     Barely seeing Collina as she ran through a now sliding opened entrance and running past the open area of that room, Maven smiled. “I guess she’s ready for another elimination after all.”


Word Count = 728



© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039533-Professional-Eliminators---After-an-Elimination