*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039229-Professional-Eliminators---The-Next-Three-Eliminations
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2282443
Someone was out to get her. Collina wanted to know who it was and why they were doing it.
#1039229 added October 14, 2022 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
Professional Eliminators - The Next Three Eliminations

Professional Eliminators:
“The Next Three Eliminations”


My Second Short Story

Written By

SpaceFaction


     Kundda slammed her fists beside both ends of her control panel below the Data Monitor in front of her. Barely missing hitting her control panel. She quickly started looking around her at the other Professional Monitors in that large room to see if anyone else saw what she had just done. It didn’t look like anyone had seen her do it. They all appeared to be watching their monitors and tapping away at their control panels. If anyone did look in her direction because of her slamming, they weren’t doing it now.

     After tapping a single button on her control panel her Data Monitor shut itself off. Kundda got up and walked past five other TriLans on the half of that row of Professional Monitors to the end of it. Then she walked past the next five rows of Professional Monitors until she got to some moving steps. She took those steps to the second level of that room. After getting to that level, she stepped off those steps onto a narrow extension looking out at the level below her.

     Glancing down at the level below her, Kundda walked to the only entrance about fifty feet away. Kundda stopped at that entrance and tapped the back of her middle knuckle on an open area on it. Her knuckle went through the open area, but there was a knocking sound coming from her knock. Aanun didn’t look up from whatever he was doing on the Data Monitor almost in front of him.

     Aanun looked at Kundda. Then he gestured for her to come in with his palm up and his fingers waving toward him. “You may enter.”

     Kundda entered. Aanun pointed to a chair in front of his desk. She didn’t take it. “You don’t have anything good to tell me, do you?”

     “No, I don’t. You want me to keep my monitoring on Glaavin. To tell you if he has done it again. He has.”

     “How many units this time?” Aanun asked.

     Kundda looked behind her. Then she lowered her voice. “Almost three.”

     “That’s a lot at once. How much of us has he taken so far?”

     “It’s about six hundred. I think he knows we know about him and what he has been doing. That’s why so much this time. He’s going to try to run.”

     Aanun smiled. “He thinks there is someplace on TriLan we won’t find him. That isn’t going to happen. I think it’s time we eliminated him.”

     After tapping a few buttons on his control panel, Aanun leaned back in his chair with his hands clasped behind his head and sighed. “The next one for an elimination is Collina. She’s not the one for this elimination.”

     “Why not? I thought she was one of our best eliminators.”

     “Collina is one of our best. She still isn’t the right eliminator for this elimination, though. Glaavin has Professional Protectors protecting him. about forty of them. Collina won’t eliminate Professional Protectors. She will still eliminate Glaavin. Only she will do it not to eliminate any Protectors. That takes some time to do. Time, we don’t have right now.”

     Aanun tapped a few more buttons on his control panel. “The next one after Collina is Piind. He’s not as good as Collina, but he will eliminate anyone who tries to get in his way of eliminating Glaavin.”

     “I know Piind. Glaavin prefers multiple red glowing balls. He will not only eliminate all of them, Glaavin and his Protectors, but he will also eliminate everything around them.”

     “Don’t care how he does it as long as he eliminates Glaavin. How many other he eliminates either. All I care about is that Glaavin gets eliminated. The sooner this happens the better.”

     Aanun tapped the red button on top of a small white box with a hole infested front. The red button disappeared into the top of it. “Tinnica, contact Piind his usual way. Tell him he has a new elimination.”

     The voice of Tinnica came through the hole infested front. “Who is to be eliminated this time?”

     “It’s Glaavin. Tell Piind to eliminate him yesterday.”

     Aanun looked over at Kundda. “Get back every unit that Glaavin has taken from us. I don’t care how you do it, but I want every last one of them back.”

     “I have already started doing it. Should have what we need by the time I get back to my Data Monitor.”

     “Contact me as soon as you know where it’s at.” As Kundda left, Aanun returned to looking at his Data Monitor as he continued tapping at his control panel.

     Just as Kundda left, Juuniv entered. “I got something on Wokki. Don’t know where she’s at exactly, but I do know where she has been. Also knows where she’s heading for.”

     Aanun stopped tapping his control panel and looked at Juuniv. “Tell me what you have found out.”

     “Wokki is somewhere in the Okain region. I will know where she has been hiding soon. As soon as I do, I will contact you.”

     “That’s good to hear. We have been looking for this Talker since she started talking about us. She needs to be eliminated, and I have the perfect Eliminator to do it. All Collina needs is where she is.”

     Just then another Data Monitor entered. Dannia walked past Juuniv as he left that room too. Aanun was looking at both of them. “Tell me that you have something good to tell me too.”

     “I do. Paavon is willing to help us now. He will give us whatever we need whenever we want it. Our elimination of Yovve convinced him.”

     “We have been having a lot of things happening today, and today isn’t even half over yet.” Aanun smiled when he saw Goolim enter.

     Aanun got up out of his chair and started walking toward Goolim. He kept his voice low so only he could hear him. “You have been trying to find our taken Maradine Plus, haven’t you?”

     “I’m one of them, yes. We haven’t found it yet, but we do know who has taken it. It won’t be long before we know where it is too.”

     “How many of them do we need to eliminate to get back what is ours?” Aanun asked.

     Goolim looked at the small Data Monitor in his right palm. “Besides their leader Stippona, she has about fifty Professional Eliminators protecting there.”

     “Contact me as soon as you know where it is.” Aanun returned to his Data Monitor and started tapping buttons again.

     “This sounds like a better elimination for Collina. She likes these kinds of eliminations. I will get someone else to eliminate our Wokki problem.”

     Aanun continued tapping away at the buttons on his control panel as he spoke. “Everyone leave.”

     As everyone left, Aanun pushed the single red button on his small box again. “Tinnica, connect me to all of our Data Monitors.”

     A few seconds later Tinnica responded. “Connection complete.”

     “I don’t want to be contacted unless something very important comes up. If you need an Eliminator, you all know what to do. You don’t need me for most of them. I still have a lot to do before my Daily Update in a few hours.”


Word Count = 1,202




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039229-Professional-Eliminators---The-Next-Three-Eliminations