*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039696-Practice-Writing--
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1039696 added October 25, 2022 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
Practice Writing -
Just had a phone call with Pharmacist representative, who helps manage my medicines. My blood sugar and my blood pressure are the main two items that are still being worked on. I've been right around 170 with a fasting blood sugar, and they want me to try to get it down to about 125. Which, while not an impossible task, is hard when I have an inborn sweet tooth. There is only so much water and eggs that I can stomach before my desire for sweets overtakes me. Ah, well...guess I will have to work on that as well. My blood pressure numbers are still a little erratic, and I found out that the issues I have had with my kidneys also affect blood pressure. One system seems to affect another in our wonderfully made bodies that house who we are. LOL. So, again, with the water - I swear that I have drunk enough water to float a battleship this summer. While I don't mind, water does get a little "old". I've tried zero sugar/diet drinks and I'd rather not deal with the "after taste", so I end up going back to water. Sigh.

I've entered a couple more writings. One is for Creature Features, and of course, I had to chime in on Question of the Day and Take Up Your Cross. The prompt for the former was what my favorite animal is for a pet. Of course it is a cat. LOL. The reasons are stated in my little poem:
"My Cat and Me
The prompt for Take Up Your Cross was about Jesus walking on the water, and what that meant to me. I wrote this little paragraph for that here:
"Walking on Water - Oct 25

On my Township game, I am almost done with the Snowman feature for the town. It is fun, although I'm not a super patient person. I guess that is why I torture myself with games like that. I haven't looked at my Dragonvale game on my phone, as I've been busy ruling my little township and talking on the phone with the pharmacy person. Speaking of, I haven't taken my meds yet this morning, so I will take them now.
Well, took the meds, refilled my water bottle, pulled the trash to take to the dumpster, and made myself an omelet. Nothing fancy, just a couple of eggs, whipped with a splash of milk, and added a little salt (pink Himalayan) and fresh ground black pepper. Added a little bit of Mrs. Dash and about 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese. Will be my brunch, until I decide to cook dinner for tonight.
That will be some pork tenderloin and potatoes, with a cream sauce. Will have some frozen veggies that I will cook for a side dish. Maybe I'll get creative and make a chocolate cake from scratch.

The more that I think about it, the more I may end up doing a cookbook for NaNo. I mean, I've lived in a bunch of places - Michigan, Illinois, Mississippi, Louisiana, Italy and Germany, and now here in Texas. I've been exposed to lots of different cuisines over my life, so there's always that. Hmmm, I am liking this idea more and more. Guess I will come up with some recipes over this last week of October, and see what comes of it.

Well, I guess I have my inspiration for NaNo this year. Maybe next year, I will try to tackle a book of the Bible to do my own research/commentary. Oh, brother! I also have started dabbling in short stories...no telling where that will take me. I guess I will find out. Never too early to start doing an outline, right?

Right now, I'm at 612 words, so I will have to step up my game some.


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039696-Practice-Writing--