*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039885-Took-a-Little-Longer-Than-I-Thought
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1039885 added October 28, 2022 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Took a Little Longer Than I Thought
Took a Little Longer Than I Thought


Thought that I only had about fifty to one hundred words left to write for the fourth Short Story that I was going to write for the October Prep Challenge that I’m participating in this year. Instead, it was probably about two hundred words to finish it. That’s why it took me almost half of my shift earlier today to finish it.

I just finished creating it in my Professional Eliminators folder for this novel. Also, went in and changed the ‘group only’ review status to ‘the everyone’ status. That way anyone on WDC can review my challenge assignments, my Outlines, or my short stories. So far, no one has reviewed them. I’m not even sure if any had been read. Maybe I will check that out when I log into this challenge.

Like I just wrote, I created this Short Story for this challenge just before I started writing this blog entry for today. But I haven’t posted it to this contest yet. I will do that tomorrow evening just before midnight WDC time. True, I got until noon on Sunday to enter these contests. But I work until noon on Saturday and Sunday. So, I need to post them on Saturday aka the due date for these short stories.

The big question was after I finished with this Short Story what was I going to write to finish up my shift earlier today as well as tomorrow and Sunday? I thought about getting a few days head start with this novel. But after I got into some trouble with starting this monthly challenge early, I decided not to do it. Even though several of the participants in this challenge were allowed to do this challenge in advance.

There were two things that I could have done the rest of this month now that I have finished this challenge except for the few assignments that I have left to log in on. One is going back to my scriptwriting. If I was going back to it in November, I probably would have went that way. But since I’m not, I decided not to go that route either. The other choice was my three short stories I could write for this month for other contests beside this challenge.

I still have three other short stories that I can write this month. As for if I can get any of them written in only a few days, I don’t know. One maybe two I can possibly do in a few days because of two more days at work. But I most likely won’t get all three. I’m going to try. The odds are against me, though. Especially, on me getting all three of them written before the end of Monday aka the thirty-first of October.

Out of the three, the WDC Short Story for this month takes priority over the other two. And I should be able to get that finished before Monday. I’m hoping to get it done today so that I have a shot at getting the other two written too. But I don’t know if I can do that or not. I think that I can. Only I have thought that before and have been wrong.





© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039885-Took-a-Little-Longer-Than-I-Thought