*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039835-Almost-Finished-with-This-Short-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1039835 added October 27, 2022 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Almost Finished with This Short Story
Almost Finished
with This Short Story


At the moment, I have about fifty to a hundred words, give or take a little, before I’m finished writing my Fourth Short Story for the October Prep Challenge that I’m participating in this year. That won’t be the end of this Short Story, though. It will end it. But I still need to do some work on it before I can create it or post it to this challenge.

I like to give characters a name. Especially, the main ones. I haven’t done that to most of these characters yet. Done it with one so far. But she didn’t come in until toward the end of it. The main two characters, I haven’t given names to them yet. They have been the generic versions of their names. A Professional Eliminator, That Eliminator, the Eliminator, etc. They do have names. I just haven’t given them any in this Short Story so far.

Tried to get this Short Story finished in one work shift like the past two. Maybe even the past three. I’m not sure about the first one. I think it took a couple of shifts to do that one. But I can’t remember one way or another. Anyway, this one is going to take two days to finish. And it should take my whole shift to do it.

That doesn’t mean it won’t take my whole shift to do it. If it doesn’t take me longer than that to finish it. But I should be able to finish it tomorrow morning. At least I hope that I can so that I can create it for this contest. After all, it’s hard for me to create it on Saturday because that’s the day I only get about six hours of sleep before I go back to work. And that’s if I’m lucky.

I know that I’m not going to win any of these Short Story challenges. But that’s not why I write them. because I already know the outcome of these challenges. And it’s not me. Like I just wrote, that isn’t why I write them. I do it for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I love a good challenge. Whether it be for a contest or a challenge, I like to be challenged. The second reason is I like to participate in a challenge completely. And these short stories are part of this challenge.

I’m not sure how long it will take to finish writing this fourth Short Story. But I hope that it doesn’t take me too long to do it. Whether it does or not, I still have a big decision to make. What to do next. This Short Story is the last thing that I need to finish for this challenge except for logging them in. What will I do the last few days of this month?





© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039835-Almost-Finished-with-This-Short-Story