*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040003-Could-Have-Maybe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1040003 added October 30, 2022 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Could Have, Maybe
Could Have, Maybe


It took me a little bit longer to finish writing my WDC Short Story for this month. Actually, it wasn’t the story itself. That only took about an hour to finish. About twice as long as I thought it would take. It was a little bit longer to finish than I thought. As a result, it took me three out to do the re-writing.

What took me so long with the rewrite? It’s because I wasn’t just a little over two thousand words limitation. I was two hundred and twenty-one words over. That was why it was an additional three hours to finish the rewrite for this Short Story. It wasn’t easy for me to do. I had to cut a lot of what I wanted to keep. But I got it done. And that’s all that matters.

It’s not a very good Short Story. After all, I wrote it in about fifteen hours. Besides, it doesn’t really matter. I know I’m not going to win this contest. Of course, I hope that I do. But I know I won’t. Usually, I write them because I love a good challenge. And that is true this time. But that’s not the only reason, though. I also wrote it because I had some time to kill yesterday at work.

I still had a lot of time to kill earlier today at work. So, I should have written another Short Story. At least got most of it done in those seven hours. Probably wouldn’t have gotten it finished. But I still may have gotten it written by the end of tomorrow aka October the thirty-first. The main reason why I didn’t try to do it is that there are two of them.

Since they are from the same host contest, I would have needed to pick one to hopefully finish. There was no guarantee that would have happened either. So, why take the chance of alienating, no pun intended, both of these contests. First, I would have needed to decide which contest to write for. Then try to write it. It was a decision I didn’t want to do.

Still haven’t created this Short Story or entered this contest. I was planning on doing that after I finished writing and posting this blog entry. But I haven’t gotten a lot of sleep the last few days. So, I’m probably going to be going to sleep very soon after I finish posting this blog entry. Besides, I know I need to get up very, very early tomorrow morning.

I will enter this contest. It probably just means I’m going to do it tomorrow afternoon or early evening before I can do it. At least I think that I got all day tomorrow to create and post it. I will check after I finish posting this blog entry. Just in case I’m wrong and the deadline is by noon tomorrow. Some contests are like that. I don’t think this is one of them. but it could be. I will know in a few minutes.






© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040003-Could-Have-Maybe