*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040029-To-celebrate-or-no---For-Take-Up-Your-Cross
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1040029 added October 31, 2022 at 6:41am
Restrictions: None
To celebrate or no - For Take Up Your Cross
Prompt
Do you think it is wrong or okay for a Christian to celebrate Halloween? Why? What are your thoughts?


Halloween is one of those things that can become very polarizing in the Christian world. I've run the gamut of sides in my life time: From It is of the devil and needs to be done away with to...In a controlled environment, it can be a fun activity - even opening a door for evangelism. I've seen churches do so with "family friendly" costumes, and treats...bobbing for apples, caramel/candy apples, apple cider, etc. along with candy attached to a tract for later reading.

To me, it is the intent: I'm sure there are some hard-core Satanists who use this time as their "unholy" high time; but to be honest, I've never met any of them. But taking demons "not-so-seriously" isn't really recommended, either.

We are IN this world, but to not be OF this world. “I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” (John 17:11, 14–15.)


So, go with what your conscience dictates. If you need to avoid it, then by all means, do so. If you like people, and can find an opportunity to witness your faith, then by all means, do it. Just know you are protected by His Hand, as you take it and walk in this world.

Just my opinion.



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040029-To-celebrate-or-no---For-Take-Up-Your-Cross