*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040035-Day-of-change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2284202
a path of secrets
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1040035 added October 31, 2022 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Day of change
the sand showed like diamonds in the noon light as the class was dismissed, each child lifted their bags as the sand shifted marking Yecta was alone. The buildings crested the horizon as Azmet stopped to go get Yecta
and walk with him,

"Our teacher/Pharaoh should join us" Azmet was thinking as the class returned to the oasis.

He planted papyrus seed with more force than needed, as Azmet was about to speak, Taweret stepped out of her hut causing Yecta to change. The skin on his hands formed lines, the scales rose up as he went from 5'00" to 7'00" and the scales turned to gold.

all voices there rose as one" Lady of the fertile river we honored by your presence," echoed as Yecta's scale started to turn black.

"Our lord of life-giving powers" Came the multitude when Azmet convinced his class to turn around and Head for the temple

"This is a private moment of the gods, we will wait for him to present himself to us."

Azmet turned around seeing a camel turn grey and then decay into a clean skeleton as a golden tail wrapped around him and claws of cosmic design touched the sand. the ground surged into a sand wall moving away from the city and pushing the greying land back, causing a river to form and expand from the oasis.

"Forgive me, my young student", was all he heard in his ear as the sand went green giving way to a forest of unfamiliar trees and plants.

As this went on around the city and oasis carts with people and scrolls left while he got handed over to the remaining scribes and took the kids back to the group. Yecta raised his left claw to Shu while lowering his right to Geb and the new forest floor rose to form round slanting hills, the oasis area sank to form an Ankh-shaped pool.
Azmet used fresh mud to make two dolls a Ushabtis and a shabti, the Ushabtis was molded into a dragon decorated in little spirals like those onYecta's hands and the Shabti got was molded to look like Himself with a strand of his own hair.
Upon giving the Shabti to Yecta, he watched as a scale from yecta's body was placed in both dolls to bring them to life.

"Go, we humans will be fine. I will take care of my class and we will keep your teachings" Azmet told him as the Ushabtistransformed into the human that was his beloved teacher and Pharoh
© Copyright 2022 azrael2915 (UN: azrael2915 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
azrael2915 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040035-Day-of-change