*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040091-Ghosts-in-the-Menu
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#1040091 added January 11, 2023 at 2:48am
Restrictions: None
Ghosts in the Menu
Ghosts are the products of people who have been through a whole lot of sufferring...

Just imagine, for example: When the 2nd World War invaded the Philippines, many of the people, especially those living in Manila, were either killed, sent to prison where they died or were horribly suffered in the hands of the enemy through imprisonment, lack of medical aid, or were simply hacked to death. There were killings; there were imprisonments; there were people disappearing; there were lots and lots of human lives that were turned upside down.

I am thinking, of course, of people who were affected by the war; by the occupation of countries by foreign troops; by the disappearance of hundreds and hundreds of young people as well as elderly who were unfortunately caught in the cruelty of Japanese occupiers. Why must there be killing? Why must there be war? What does invading one country by another become a passionate reason to kill? to plunder? to bring disaster and killing into another country? What does all these cruelty and killing give an invader the awaard of happiness and joy????

War in its own context is not meant to create a new beginning to an invader. War is a deadly thought from an Emperor, a President, or even a General of an Army. War is an evil force that one country decides upon another country. War is an evil thought created in the mind of a decaying mind; a haphazard idea created in one swift thought to destroy, to kill, to invade, to own and recreate another country to become its very own. War concocted by a human is a pretentious thought of wanting, of believing in an erroneous thought of conducting a thorough dismantling of another country. War is a one man's FALLABLE idea of PLAYING A GAME OF HIDE AND SEEK...

War degrades the invader. Occupying another country for the sole purpose of turning the invaded country into its own, more like creating a country the invader decides to rule. What of the people in the invded country? What happens to them? What becomes of the culture of the invaded country? Does it survive in its purity? Or is the culture of the invaded country completely turned into what the invader makes it its own?

(to be continued)


© Copyright 2023 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040091-Ghosts-in-the-Menu