*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040138-Around-Seventeen-Hundred-Behind-Already
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1040138 added November 1, 2022 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
Around Seventeen Hundred Behind Already
Around Seventeen
Hundred Behind Already


I’m already about seventeen hundred words behind on writing my novel, Professional Eliminators. That’s not a very good start. At least it’s not to me. After all, this is the first day of that challenge. And I haven’t had the chance to work on it yet. I have done a lot of thinking about it. But haven’t had the time to work on it.

The first chapter of any novel is the hardest to write. It’s like a Short Story. You want to grab the reader’s attention whether they are reviewing it or reading it for pleasure from that first paragraph. The several paragraphs or part of the chapter. That is very hard to do for most writers. Unfortunately, I’m one of those writers.

Personally, I like to start my novels and short stories off with a bang. Not literally one, but figuratively. What I mean by that is that it doesn’t need to be a bang in some way. But it does need to get the reviewer or reader’s attention so that they want to read on. I have a lot of trouble doing that.

Once I get through those first few paragraphs, I think that I will be okay with writing the rest of that first part of the Introduction to this novel. At least I hope that it does. After all, the first part of a novel is almost as important as the first paragraph or the first few paragraphs. If the reviewer or reader isn’t interested in continuing, then you are in big trouble. Especially, if it’s a reviewer.

A Reader is reading it because they think that they will like it. So, they are as critical as a Reviewer probably will be. Reviewers and editors look for mistakes in grammar, missing words, etc. A Reader isn’t as much. They are interested in what the story is about, how it begins, and if they are interested in finding out how it ends. At least that is what the difference between a Reviewer and a Reader is.

I have a lot of writing to do over the next twenty-nine days if I want to meet this challenge. That’s not going to be easy for me to do. Especially, if I can’t use dictation to do it. If I can do that, then I might have a chance to finish this part of it by the end of this month. unfortunately, if I can’t use dictation, then I probably won’t be able to do it by the end of this month.

The only thing that might save me if I can’t use dictation is my writing it at work. I don’t know if I will be able to get about twice as many as the daily amount of around seventeen hundred words while at work. But I know I won’t be able to even come close to it if I can’t do it at work. I think I can do it, though. Only time will tell if I’m right about that.



© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040138-Around-Seventeen-Hundred-Behind-Already