*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040308-Susa
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2284269
Yecta's backstory
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1040308 added April 29, 2023 at 7:03pm
Restrictions: None
Susa
Susa was a small town with a stream running thru it, Mahjeht a well-groomed scribe wearing a Sobek-marked robe of deep green and Nile blue walked into a hut by the shores of the temple, it looked like this scribe was feeling like he was out of place with the times. Sobek funerary dolls lined his mantle, one for each that stopped his great grandpa from killing(reminder of his promise to Anubis and the nephews who survived)

"Wish you were here to see the Temple of your father, I will always remember the old ways and I'm sorry not checking in earlier.

He gave a bow and left for the temple with one more look over at the mantle, as he exited the hut he could see the town thirty-five was still asleep as the sun was rising. The temple had three floors;
1. the offering hall and Sobek nursery
2. the scribe library and healer sanctum
3. the outpost for temple guards and sleeping quarters
Upon entering a young Sobek ran up to him with reports from the guards

"Morning Master Mahjeht, these are the reports from nightshift"(apprentice guard)

"Thank you Mogmet"(Mahjeht)

From here he checked in on the Nursery,

"Ladies, how is everything here? If anyone requires healing please see den mother scribe Kaljeh"(Mahjeht)

"Some are ready for our den mother head Scribe, and we will let her know"(Spirit mother)

after his stop there he ascended the stairs to the library to check on the progress of the site-to-site transport for the stone henge gates. According to this beautiful lady in silken leaf garb, all he had to do was get the same element of the planet's material for the four known gates to connect. The library was three bookcases across five rows deep scrolls were organized into the five stages of knowledge;
1. Agriculture-collection of plants and seeds, plus their info
2. warriors/guards-weapons by type and use/strength training for placement(ranks)
3. governing-ranks of the city
4. teachings-class schedules and teachers for that day
5. Heka training-type and use/sorting tests/plus training levels
tables lined the rails with glow lamps on the center of each(put light Heka in and remove to put out), scrolls lined the table with each table marked by the row they represented. On the other side, the healers were switching out so the night shift could sleep,

"Morning, please let Den mother Kaljeh know that the nursery requested her, there are mothers to be close to time and let Healer Grejha know as well"(Mahjeht)

His last stop was up at the guard's quarters lined with spears, swords, bow staffs, and bows with quivers full of arrows on the hooks beside them. The tables at the walls in the back held reports of activities for that shift and it was Mahjht's job to transfer them to the scroll room for storage and readings, some of them had strange symbols on them. As he was looking at them the head of the night guards approached him and told him about them.

" Head scribe these came in at high moon, delivered by messengers of the great Taniwha.

It seems that her people have a problem with a stone dragon warrior that keeps shifting."(Head night guard)

" I'll make sure to read these first then and thanks, now everybody get some rest, time for the morning guards to take over"(Mahjeht)

" How do I get to it so I can order it to stand down"(under his breath Mahjeht)

He was glad nobody heard him say that, as he headed for the third floor to meditate where only priests can go.

"Soss the vermanss hass becomess awaress, another hourss of essercizess."

As he got to his feet, the acid wall barrier shut off and he exited his cell into a cream-white wall hallway photos lined from the bathroom to the stairs going corner style to the lobby. The photos showed his 13-year-old girl with her Flactosen team in one frame and in another she was with the family at Jerico Inner Circle. Downstairs in the Kitchen were his loving wife and teen eating breakfast as he entered.

"Morning Father, I'm off to practice"

"You were supposed to walk Har-Etzu"

she was already gone and the dog was sitting by the door.

"Why do we get her a pet if I'm stuck taking care of it

"just wait till she gets home"

After lunch, the sky turned reddish orange as the ground caved from under him.

"Soss the vermanss hass becomess awaress, another hourss of essercizess."
© Copyright 2023 azrael2915 (UN: azrael2915 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
azrael2915 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040308-Susa