*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040551-worldbuilding-question
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2284851
world building breakdown
#1040551 added November 11, 2022 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
worldbuilding question
When world-building you have to consider your five senses and place yourself in your character's shoes. the world is full of features that can be seen with the naked eye, mountains, valleys, seas, ponds, rivers, lakes, forests, desserts, towns, and people.

First is the land: second is the sea: third is the things rising from the land and water
1. Mountian- can you feel the mountain as it is raised from the earth, feel the cold snow as it covers the cap, and can you feel the wet ice under your feet?
Can you taste the fresh powder, what does it smell like?
How do the rocks feel to the touch, are they hot cold, or warm? are they sharp, smooth, or odd-shaped?

2. Valley- Can you feel the earth shake as the valley is dug out? how far does it go down? what smells come to the surface and what do you see that stands out?is the walls smooth or rough, is there metal in the walls, any holes? if you can provide answers to these then you're at a good start.

a god of the green steps in and touches the earth turning the earth brown and grass grows there, do you see what this looks like from your character? what does this being look like, what feeling do you get from the view as the earth is being covered in green? are there flowers, trees, or a sandy beach with green here and there going along the valley floor?

3. sea- what do you smell as the sea fills the valley by the beach? what do you feel from the spray on your face? how deep does it go down, and what is its temperature? what creatures live there? (this will be covered in towns)

4. Lakes- is it clear? how deep is it? can taste if it's fresh or salt water? What's its temperature? what lives in it? (covered in towns)

5. ponds- What is their shape? how deep is she? what colour of water, what temperature, and the creatures there? Fresh or salt?

6 Forest- what do they smell? how big are the trees? does anyone live in them? Under them? what is their canopy like? What's their bark like? colour wood?

7. River- There are many rivers, what are they like? is it clear or murky? how far do they reach? what is their taste? what lives here?

8 Dessert- how far do the sands go? are there hidden paths? are there mirages? oasis? how many towns per region? the creatures of the sands?

9. Town- what are your towns like? big or small? How populated? any secrets to the town? Maybe a history? who founded it?

10. People- What are the races? who are they? attributes? skin tones? Hybrids? creature type? Civilizations? Beliefs? stigmas? (do they have what is called a bad citizen?)

11. Volcanos- What is the magma element like? how hot is it? is regular, monthly, or super? how big is it? can you walk thru it? lair or hideout? what creatures live there? do people live here?
© Copyright 2022 azrael2915 (UN: azrael2915 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
azrael2915 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040551-worldbuilding-question