*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040774-Not-a-Bad-Earlier-Today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1040774 added November 17, 2022 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Not a Bad Earlier Today

Not a Bad Earlier Today


At least I think that about six hundred words are very good for a Thursday and about six hours of writing for my novel, Professional Eliminators. That’s around a hundred and twenty words an hour. I think that’s good. Especially, considering that I did them at work. No, it wasn’t busy at work earlier today. But it wasn’t exactly slow either.

It was a pretty typical Thursday at work earlier today. There was something a little extra going on there that was a bit unusual. But it wasn’t that big of an extra. I still had plenty of time for my writing. And writing I did. Don’t ask me how I got so much writing done on a weekday. Because I don’t know. All I know is that when I started writing I couldn’t stop until I had to make a patrol.

I needed about four hundred words to finish the second part of Chapter One – “All Like that.” And that’s what I got. I also got around two hundred more words written for part three of this chapter and novel. That means that I only need eight hundred more words to finish this part of Chapter One. Will I do that tomorrow morning? I hope that I can.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is Friday. That means I only have about six hours of writing that I will be able to do tomorrow morning. Can I get around eight hundred words to finish part three of this chapter and novel? It won’t be easy to do on a weekday. But I think that I can. A lot depends on the weather and how hot it gets where I work. Especially, where I’m posted most of the time there.

Most of my shift I spend behind a built-in cubical desk. But I do two patrols each day during the week. On the weekends, I do three patrols. Those patrols take me about forty-five minutes to an hour to do combined. The rest of my time I have to write. And earlier today, that’s what I did. Hopefully, I can do at least that many words tomorrow.

Of course, I hope that I do a whole lot more than about six hundred words for this chapter and novel. But it is a weekday. So, I’m optimistic as to if I can get at least around six hundred words written tomorrow on this novel. I did it earlier today. There’s no reason why I can’t do it today. True, work will slow me down a little bit. But I still think I can write at least that many tomorrow.

The more that I write in this novel the closer I get to my goal of fifty thousand words for this month. I know that I’m not going to get that much. Probably won’t even get about half of that many. But I am getting faster. At least that’s the way it looks to me. If this fastness keeps up, I may get closer to my goal than I thought that I would get to.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040774-Not-a-Bad-Earlier-Today