*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041309-It-Had-All-Been-A-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2286083
Long, long ago, in a Newsfeed....
#1041309 added December 3, 2022 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
It Had All Been A Dream
The Newsfeed was full of greenery and snoring.

(Now that's a sentence I am guessing hasn't been seen here before.)

People were complaining and the StoryMaster had been informed.

"What on Earth is this all about?" He enquired.

"I think it might be Adherennium," said Schnujo, "I think he's resting on his laurels."

"Well get him to stop it, hasn't he got a Contest to promote?" Demanded, (very reasonably) , the StoryMaster.

With a particularly loud snort, Adherennium woke up, and looked around with the bleary confusion of the under-coffeed.

It had all been a dream...

I need to get moving, he thought, absently removing a leaf from behind his ear, I need to write something thrilling, or at least vaguely amusing, to promote The Whatever Contest.

His eyes alighted on the newly bought copy of Inferno. Nope, he wasn't ready to do that one yet, though he'd had ideas about the problems facing Hell in the modern era, and the installation of a particularly large express lift, and the free hire of mobility scooters that various demons were proposing to alleviate them. Then there was the problem of multi-sinners, and how to correctly assign them punishment(s) to fit their crime(s). Anyway, not that.

P&P had gone down fairly well, maybe he could go with Jane Eyre. Screwing up his nose, he reflected that it was a bit samey, and besides good as the pun he had prepared was... it could keep.

"Are you going to play a card or not Mister?" A belligerent voice challenged him... belligerently.

James Bolivar Galbraith shook his head to clear it. He'd been day dreaming. Staring at the cards in his hand, he began to roll his toothpick around, hoping to 'tell' the more observant amongst his opponents how good his hand was. Actually the cards weren't too bad either.

Yes, he still had 'Western' up his sleeve, whether it was an Ace or not, only time would tell.

The narrator watched as Cynthia ran past in pursuit of Time. How the heck did she get here? He mused. His muse was amused.

"Okay", she said in clipped Oriental tone, "That enough for now, make sure you mention 15K gift points for every badge sent."

"I will" he said, his fingers flickering across the worn keyboard, "I'll even mention the two free merit badges just for taking part."

"That very good, now wake up!"

Adherennium gave a particularly loud snort, and woke up.

It had all been a dream...

Brought together to advertise:

The Whatever Contest.
© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041309-It-Had-All-Been-A-Dream