*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041343-11-O-Holy-Night---The-12-Days-of-Christmas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1041343 added December 3, 2022 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
#11 O Holy Night - The 12 Days of Christmas
A wonderful story about the history of O Holy Night. It shows the power of music, and in combination with the Savior's birth. There is something fundamental inside of man that he would lay down arms in respect for the celebration of Christ's birth. No choirs of angels, no orchestra of musicians, just that deep-rooted "knowing" in your heart.

It seems that back in 1847 in a small French town, a man named Placide Cappeau de Roquemaure was known more for his talent at writing poetry than for his faithfulness in church attendance. He might not be the first person one would suspect a priest would seek out to write a poem for Christmas mass, but the priest did ask him and the man took his request seriously. Just as in our story about “Mary, Did You Know” Placide Cappeau de Roquemaure began thinking about the birth of Jesus. With that inspiration, he wrote “Cantique de Noel.” Placide was so pleased with how the poem came out that he decided it needed to be a song. Since he was a poet but not a musician, he turned to a friend, Adolphe Charles Adams, to see if he would set his poem to music.

For the full story, please see the source address:

source: https://www.annhgabhart.com/2019/12/16/the-story-behind-the-song-o-holy-night/


This rendition is sung by Josh Groban.



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041343-11-O-Holy-Night---The-12-Days-of-Christmas