*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041463-17-Years
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1041463 added December 6, 2022 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
17 Years
I've been with WDC for seventeen years as of today. It feels like just yesterday that I joined. Granted, I did take a bit of a break from the site for a while during my later years of university and my early years teaching, as I was focused on my education and my career. But this site is magical, and it called me back just as my brain itched to write once more. There are so many wonderful and encouraging people here. I have begun to build friendships with some and still more entertain me with their stories and poems. Seventeen years and I'm still learning all the intricacies of writing, I'll never stop learning. But it is here on WDC where I find the most support, the most encouragement, and where I often get honest reviews of my work. For those honest reviews, I am grateful. They help me to become a better writer and allow me to see my work from another's viewpoint.

When I first came to WDC, I only wrote poetry. But here, I was encouraged to step out of my comfort zone and attempt different types of writing. I've tried my hand at short stories, and of course blogging. Longer stories are still daunting to me, but with the encouragement I receive here, I am sure I will one day top that mountain as well. So, to everyone here on WDC, thank you. Thank you for making me a better writer, thank you for the help and confidence, for the friendships, the honesty. And most of all, thank you for being here. You are all what makes WDC so very magical (and addicting). Seventeen years doesn't seem like very long, really. Here's to at least seventeen more years here on this awesome site!

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041463-17-Years