*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041580-An-Interview-and-a-Rescue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1670440
A collection of various short stories and poetry.
#1041580 added December 8, 2022 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
An Interview and a Rescue
An Interview is conducted during the process of a Rescue

John looked up at the clock. The werewolf was wondering where Roberta, his date, was. He pulled out his phone, and was about to check the security cameras, just in case, when there was a knock on the door. Relaxing, he put his phone away, walked to the door, and opened it. There stood Roberta, but it wasn’t just her. An older male human, baring certain familial resemblances to her, was also there.

“Hello Tobias,” said John. “Escorting your sister here?”

“Not an escort,” Tobias said, as he entered the place. “Jenny was taken from the park. She’s been gone three hours.”

John’s eyes widened. Not only was Jenny Tobias’s daughter, and therefor Roberta’s niece, there was a strict No Hunting policy at the park. He pulled out his phone, opened up the security cameras for the park, and typed in the code that was assigned to Jenny. The identifying program located her quickly.

“Found her,” said John. “It seems she encountered a lone werewolf that seemed to have been wandering around like a lost tourist. Problem is, he’s already been identified as one of those deemed Blacklisted for Poaching, as of last month. Only, given she’s been with the Hendricks herd these last few months, and thus not in the park until yesterday, she hasn’t been filled in on him. Clever trick too – lured her in under the premise of having her lead him to the proper destination, even staying twenty feet away to make her think she was safe, before he pulled out a hidden tranquilizer pistol and shot her in the back, and his cronies that had been hiding picked her up and took off with her.”

“So, what do we do?” Roberta asked.

“Got to figure out where the auction will be, and get her away,” said John.

“Don’t you know where he lives?” Tobias asked. “We go there, rescue her, and kill him.”

“Not if you want to lose your Protected Status,” Robert said, as the older werewolf came into the room, adjusting a tie. “In the park is one thing – we could easily cover it up to look like a bear mauling or some such thing. In the city though, you’d simply end up drained or down a gullet, and that’s if you’re lucky. Besides, I was listening, did my own search, but more importantly, I found out where they’ll be.”

“Where?” Tobias asked.

“Same party some of us are about to attend,” said Julia, the werewolf said, as she walked into the room. She held up her own phone. “There’s an auction – Slaves, Pets, Livestock – and make a guess as to who has a five million dollar price tag?”

Tobias, John, and Roberta took a look. There was Jenny, her hair cut to her ears, dressed in a plain white outfit, in a state that was a mixture of fear and anger. She was also in a cage. The price, and her grade was listed – Prime Grade.

“They cut her hair!” Tobias exclaimed, as a growl escaped his throat.

“Mind telling me why they cut her hair?” Roberta asked. “I’ve never understood the reason for it. I mean, does it mean something?”

“Easier on the intestines,” said Julia. “Hair, especially long hair, isn’t as easily digestible as skin and meat, like with bones. It also plugs up the plumbing, in more ways than one.”

“Takes a special type of system to handle hair, as it will just get caught up in the bone crusher’s gears and such,” said Robert.

“That, and it’s a pain in the ass as it comes out of said ass,” said Julia. “Personal experience.”

“I can relate,” said John. “Micha wasn’t easy to get rid of.”

“Explains a few things,” said Roberta. “So, what do we do?”

“We could just buy her,” said Robert. “But, here’s the thing – I still have First Dibs on anyone of your father’s line – he should have contacted me to begin with. Therefore, she hasn’t been checked for anything beyond her grade. Improper Procurement, Poaching, Failure to Contact Prior Claimers, although that last one’s more of a formality, and, let’s face it, she’s Protected, meaning anything to her is the same as if it was done to one of the family.”

John looked at the image of the Poacher. Tomas Lobo, feral livestock procurer, lots of money, hated to lose. He then looked at the image of the Homo Familiaris researcher, a vampire named Ravana Mara. She claimed that the subspecies of Homo Sapiens was very eager, and willing, to be eaten or drained, getting sexually excited at it. Roberta had her own theory.

John looked at Roberta. “I got an idea – we’re going to test your theory.”

“What theory is that?” Julia asked.

“It explains why John 3160’s line is Dangerous,” said John. “They are Homo Familiaris, the Domesticated Human.”

“Explain your theory, as I know damn well that line isn’t Domesticated,” said Robert. The older werewolf rubbed his jaw, as if remembering an old injury.

“Do you know the story about Samuel Fang?” John asked.

Robert nodded. “He was a Fang vampire that decided to break into the Meat industry. He was killed by one of his livestock, the herd leader in fact, when Samuel refused to give the herd leader’s son their freedom, as he was of two 10th generation livestock. Herd leader helped the son to escape, and was caught by Samuel. The Herd Leader manages to get his son past the fences, told them to run, and then took on Samuel and a bunch of farmhands, killing Samuel in the process. He was of course executed.”

“There’s more,” said John. “Samuel marked his livestock on the eyelid. Escaped livestock tend to remove those marks, somehow. John 3160 claimed that his father was missing an eye. Now, imagine things from his point of view, seeing your father die trying to save you, and within twenty years, someone has taken your son and wife – you’d want to get them back, or die trying, you do so, dying in the process but saving your son. Furthermore, that prior herd leader, they had been named John – a common name, but let’s go with the theory. John 3160 grows up, joining the Wrangler herd, becomes Bella’s mate, they have Tobias, John becomes Herd Leader, Bella’s pregnant with Sally, at the same time that you went after the herd. John decides to take you, and others, on to protect his herd, willing to die if need be, but that bear interferes, forcing both of you to run, with John focused on protecting the herd, at all costs. You trip, the bear attacks you. John stops – he could let the bear kill you, but the bear’s still too close to the herd, so he attacks the bear, protecting you in order to protect his herd. The bear wounds him, but he kills the bear. Then, upon realizing that he’s been declared livestock, he dedicates the rest of his life to preparing the Wolfe Family Farm Herd for the Grand Escape, and you know how that turned out.”

“So, just what is your theory?” Julia asked.

“Homo Familiaris is not afraid to die, if that’s what it takes to protect those that they care about,” said Roberta. “When Micha attacked John, I wasn’t afraid to die when I jumped in to help John out. Micha was bigger, stronger, and could have easily killed me, but all I thought about was protecting my herd member, John.”

John smiled as he looked at her. “In short, while maybe they get excited while being swallowed, they also have no fear of dying, if that’s what it takes to protect the herd.”

“How do you plan to test it?” Julia asked.

“Roberta will fight Tomas,” said John. “Winner takes all. If he wins, he gets her and the two unborn babies, easily worth fifteen million dollars. If he loses, we get all the humans he has picked up. Besides, if you can’t Control one human-”

“Maybe you can’t Control any of them,” Robert finished. He looked at the pregnant female human. “Do you think that you can handle it?”

“I’m not so pregnant that I can’t deal with some mangy mutt that took my niece,” said Roberta. “I’ll find a way.”

Robert chuckled. “For a moment, I thought that I just heard you sound like your father.”



When Jenny had first woken up, her first big surprise was finding herself in a cage, one that was easy for her to lie down and stand up in, but not much else. The next was her outfit, which had been swapped for the sort of clothes that were readily available on the Wolfe’s farm – livestock clothes – only these ones were a lot newer, with the implications being that she was the first to wear them. Then, there was the fact that her hair had been chopped short – it was generally done to those that were troublemakers that had caused enough issues to warrant being killed, like rape or murder, and thus were given to the Wolfes to do with as they pleased, usually by eating them. However, she knew that she’d done nothing to warrant that sort of thing.

She looked around, and saw other young humans, female and male, in similar situations. Females had their hair chopped to the ears, and males had theirs chopped to barely half an inch long. Some were upset, and others were scared. None had any Marks – they were either Feral or Domesticated Free humans. She looked at the door holding her in the cage, looking at the locking mechanism. It was a simple key lock, the sort she knew how to break out of – annoyingly, as she checked herself, she was short on anything that would do as a lock pick.

“What are you doing?” the male human next to her asked.

“Trying to find a way to escape,” she said. “I know how to overcome the lock, but I need some stiff wire. Got anything like that?”

“No,” the male said. “My parents are going to be worried. They told me not to go into that neighborhood.”

“Feral or Domestic?” Jenny asked.

“More like an Adopted Pet,” the male said.

Jenny looked at him. “You were adopted by a werewolf or vampire?”

The male nodded. “Mother is infertile. They tried the usual adoption places, but no luck. One evening, mother was walking, heard some crying, and found a baby in the dumpster behind a restaurant, just because they were a D- Grade. That was me – all alone in the world, no one to look after them, about to become the next day’s garbage dump. Deciding that no baby deserved that, she fished me out, and took me home. My parents are of a religion that forbids the killing of humans for food. There are exceptions, like if the human is mortally ill, injured, dead, or trying to kill them, but most humans would be safe around them.”

“I know of werewolves and vampires like that,” Jenny said, as she checked the hinges, just in case of a loose pin or something. “Ever hear of the Wolfe Family Park?”

“Heard of it, but never been there,” the male said. “Vampires and werewolves are able to interact with Feral humans in a controlled manner.”

“I’m from there, making what this guy did Poaching, as the park has a No Hunting rule,” said Jenny. “Furthermore, I’m of a Protected line, making the crime Kidnapping as well.”

“Someone in your family saved a werewolf or vampire?” the male asked.

Jenny nodded. “My grandfather – killed a bear while protecting his herd, saving a werewolf at the same time. That family has prior claim on all of his family. That includes me – so clearly, this fella isn’t properly following the usual protocol there either, possibly because it would out him as a Poacher, at any rate. That being said, got to give him some credit – these are decently built cages, and without the stiff wire, or better yet, the key, escape will be difficult. I’m Jenny Wrangler, by the way.”

“Phillipe Softpaw, or Phil.”

Jenny looked around. “Anyone else got some stiff wire?”

The response was a negative from everyone nearby.

“Does anyone know where we are?” she asked.

“Some convention about Homo Familiaris,” said Phil. “Something about some Ravana Mara being here.”

Jenny chuckled. “I know of that bloodsucker, and that convention,” she said. “My aunt has her own opinions on what she thinks the so-called subspecies is actually about. Rescue is coming, along with a whole lot of hell for our abductor.”

That was when the one that she’d seen in the park came into the room.

“Looks like you’re awake,” they said, as they came up to her. “I ought to move you; Prime Grade shouldn’t be next to Pig Feed.”

Jenny spat at him, hitting him in the face.

The werewolf wiped their face. “Defiant, aren’t we? That’s fine – some like a sex slave with spirit. Let’s have a little lick.”

“Try it, and I’ll knock your teeth out,” said Jenny. “My herd has dealt with plenty like you – my grandfather killed over fifty, and my grandmother has killed plenty more. We get our herd members back, no matter what.”

“The only way a Feral human is going to come here is in a cage, or in a belly,” said the werewolf. They then walked away.

Jenny spat onto the floor. “He clearly doesn’t know my herd that well. We find a way.” She looked at the others. “Help will come. I’m sure of it.”

“When?” asked Phil.

“Hopefully before the auction starts,” said Jenny, as a bunch of werewolves and vampires started coming in, to do some pre-action inspections. “Hopefully.”



In addition to their work and farm trucks, the Wolfe family did own a nice car for more “urban” situations.

“I hate this collar,” said Roberta, as she adjusted the object around her neck. “Makes me feel like a Pet or Slave.” The item in question had a tag, showing the symbol of the Wolfe family.

“At least you don’t have to wear a tattoo,” said John. “Hard to fake those.”

“You know full well that I have one on the back of my shoulder,” said Roberta. “Same one Jenny has, along with most anyone born of father’s line.”

“Florescent tattoos, with the symbols of the Wolfe family and Protected,” said John. “I made sure to bring a UV light.” He adjusted the clip on his tie, which also showed off the symbol of the Wolfe family.

“Well, we’re here,” Robert said, as he slowed the car to a stop.

Roberta took a look. “Yes, along with every prominent werewolf and vampire family a hundred miles or more around.”

“All the better for us,” said Robert. He adjusted his own tie clip, as Julia adjusted her brooch. Again, these had the Wolfe family symbol. “You did bring your cane, right?”

“I did,” said John. “Tobias put on the symbol for Friend and Rescue, along with our family crest.”

“Most of those that are Ferals should know those symbols, and they should make the connection between the crest on the cane, and those on the jewelry,” said Roberta. “It might help to keep them somewhat calm as the rescue takes place.”

“I always did wonder what the symbols on John’s walking club meant, until your mother explained them to me,” said Robert. “He had his whole plan written on it in the written language of the Ferals.”

“Just in case he was unable to carry out his plan, and you decided to go after another Feral,” said Roberta.

Robert chuckled. “Yes, and of course, losing five thousand head of livestock in one go would make anyone not want to buy more. Still, at least folks were rather understanding of my situation, having been drugged and robbed.”

“Well, let’s quit jawing, and see about finding Jenny, as well as Tomas and Ravana,” said Julia, as she opened her door. “Make sure to put that leash on, place the other end in John’s hand, try to tone down the ‘I’m a Feral’ attitude, and behave, or else you won’t be going through the front door, much less walking out, except down the gullet of a werewolf or in a trash bag out the back.”

“Oh, I can pull off the ‘Good Sex Slave’ behavior of those that are well-raised,” said Roberta. “I’ll even undo his zipper and suck him off if he tells me too.”

Julia chuckled. “You take after both of them.”

That was when a loud scream was heard.



Jenny grinned in satisfaction, as the vampire was helped away, by the assistance of their bodyguards. They’d gotten right up to Phil, and had grabbed him. She’d used the bars on the top of the cage to give her enough momentum to kick the vampire in the side of the leg, producing a satisfying crunch of bone.

The vampire gave her a death glare, as he was taken away, presumably to get some blood to heal up with.

“Thanks,” said Phil. “I’m surprised that you’re willing to look out for me.”

“Got to work together,” said Jenny. “It’s the only chance to escape.”

“An interesting specimen,” said a female vampire. “Trying to protect your mate?”

Jenny looked at the vampire, and chuckled, as she realized who she was looking at. “I never met him before today,” she said. “But I know of you, Ravana Mara. Wrote that stupid article on Homo Familiaris, which is supposedly so eager to be eaten or drained, they get aroused at the thought.”

“Oh, but they do, even those of the lesser grades,” said Ravana, as she walked around, to the other side of Phil’s cage. “Watch as I get this one excited at the mere idea of thinking of me draining him. It’s rather clear to me that he’s a Homo Familiaris.” She pulled the man close enough that she was able to place her lips upon his neck, and make a mock sucking action.

Jenny watched as Phil’s body reacted, in sexual excitement. She scoffed, and looked away, uninterested. “Well, I suppose if I was destined to be pig feed, I’d get off on some female trying to kiss me,” she said. “Even an ugly hag like you might do it.” She glanced, as she watched Ravana let go of Phil, and came over to her.

“A defiant one for sure,” the vampire said. “Maybe I’ll buy you.”

“In that case, you’d best be real good at Control,” said a familiar voice.

Jenny was about to say something, when a claw caught her under the chin. She glanced, and saw that it was John, with a walking club in his free hand. Beside him was her Aunt Roberta, not paying any attention to her, with the collar of a Pet around her neck. She then looked at John, whose eyes stared into hers.

“Be calm,” he said, in a low droning voice. “Sit down, and relax. Be good. Behave.” Slowly, Jenny sat down, John’s claw still carefully under her chin. Once down the floor, John removed his claw. “Good girl.”

“That was impressive,” said Ravana. “She went from being full of defiance, to being very placid.”

“It’s a gift,” said John. “My family made it a specialty to purchase and procure Dangerous specimens, and Tame them to the point that you could place a knife in their hand, fall asleep next to them, and wake up, them not doing a thing to you. Some even went through Special Conditioning to make them something akin to a Guard Dog. The family’s last Herd Leader was one such human – capable of taking out a bear in a single blow from his staff, yet watched over my father as he napped under his favorite tree. Sadly, he was killed by a rustler that stole the herd, while trying to protect it. Shame really, my father lost the desire to be a human farmer afterwards. Started a park afterwards, perhaps you’ve heard of it, Wolfe Family Park?”

“That place where werewolves and vampires can safely interact with feral humans, correct?” Ravana stated.

“Yes,” said John. “I’m a park ranger there. One of the first things you need to do is gain their trust. Sometimes, it’s fairly easy, by bringing in a gift, like a freshly killed deer. Other times, it’s much more difficult – my father swears that the only reason he still has his arm has to deal with the fact that he had something that the one Herd Leader wanted, the genetic material of her original mate.” He then kissed Roberta. “As you can see, the results were rather effective.”

“You’re telling me that this well-behaved human pet is a Feral?” Ravana asked. She walked up to Roberta, and looked into her eyes. “She seems to be more like a Homo Familiaris, and it even smells like the mere thought of being eaten or drained would get her excited.”

“Oh, trust me, she’s delicious, and I enjoy doing it with her, but always for fun, and nothing permanent,” said John. “I prefer my human meals to be more unwilling, before digesting them for keeps. Compliant ones just aren’t as fun.”

“So, just what are you doing here?” Ravana asked.

“Looking for a mare that went missing from the park,” said John. “Seems someone decided to take her with them, against the park’s ‘No Hunting’ rules. Information has led me to this party, where I’m certain that I can find her.”

“Oh, how will you be able to identify her?” Ravana asked.

“By sight, smell, and perhaps taste,” John said, as he grabbed Phil, and brought him to the edge of his cage, licking them on the face. “I got to agree with the Prime Grade female – this one’s pig feed.”

Jenny watched what John did to Phil, who was rather scared, although still excited. However, she kept her mouth shut as she watched John slip something into the other human’s pocket.

“Now, I have my own theory as to what makes a Homo Familiaris,” said John. “Would you like to hear it?”

“I would be very curious to hear about other folks’ theories about my pet project,” said Ravana.

“Let’s go to my family’s table,” said John. “I hope that you don’t mind pig blood and pork – as I’ve said, we’ve lost our taste for Tame humans – Ferals are much more preferred in our opinion.”

“Sure,” said Ravana.

The two walked away, arm in arm, as John escorted the vampire away, Roberta following behind, like an obedient Pet, as the rest of the werewolves and vampires followed suit.

“Just who was that?” Phil said, finally able to speak. “He said that he worked at the park. Is that how they treat you there?”

“That was John Wolfe, and he was putting on quite the act,” Jenny said, softly, barely moving while in her seated position. “Wipe your face, and put your hand into your pocket. He put something in there. Wait a little bit before you try to wake me up, as it were, passing me the object.”

Phil did as he was told. A little while later, carefully pulling his hand out of his pocket, he reached over, and shook her. A stiff wire landed in her waiting hand.

“Good,” she said. “Now, we wait.” She glanced at Phil. “Does that always happen whenever you’re licked or sucked on?”

Phil nodded. “It happens all the time. I guess I’m this Homo Familiaris that they like talking about.”

“Takes more than an erection to mean a thing to me,” said Jenny. “Sorry about calling you pig feed.”

“You got her away from me,” said Phil, as he rubbed his neck. “She seemed to be upset when you called her a hag.”

Jenny chuckled. “I just can’t wait until my aunt demonstrates her theory.”

“You mean that woman with him is your aunt?” Phil asked. “She looks young enough to be your big sister.”

“My father’s older than her by twenty-two years,” said Jenny. “I was born some years afterwards. The Wolfe family has my grandfather’s genetic material in their possession, among others. I have the feeling that the fun will soon start.”



John walked towards the table his folks were sitting at, escorting none other than Ravana Mara herself, closely followed by Roberta, who was under the guise of being a very well-behaved sex slave. He looked at the human. She had a certain wicked smirk in her eyes.

They sat down, either female on either side of John. They were soon joined by another werewolf, easily Robert’s age. With them was a female human, a few years older than John and Roberta.

“Mind if I sit with you?” the werewolf asked.

Robert looked at them, and chuckled. “Of course Rex – or rather, Agent Fenrir – you are indeed welcome to sit with me. I see that you have Katie with you – always nice to see my old stock on occasion. How is Wyona, by the way?”

“She’s home, sick with the flu,” said the agent. “Got your message about the poaching, and knowing that she’s of a Protected line, that’s the same as kidnapping a werewolf or vampire, with all the crimes along the way. I saw the other photos, scanned them, and got at least one hit – a Phillipe Softpaw – a pet-son to a werewolf couple, Mark and Janelle Softpaw, hence why he wasn’t Marked, so at the very least that would be Grand Theft, as said human is worth merely a hundred thousand dollars, as they are a D- Grade, but there’s an Emotional Value, as I’m sure that you know about, with Pets and Slaves.”

“I know the feeling,” said Robert. “I remember when I Adopted Jeffry as a brother as a Reward – a good Slave and very faithful to the family for many years prior, and still loyal. A+ Grade – seems to enjoy spending time at the park – a few of the females there took a liking to him. They’ve even taught him a few things – like being able to hunt and fish using nothing more than a spear and a knife.”

“The person that claimed that you couldn’t teach an older human new tricks, clearly didn’t do their research,” said Julia. “Although John 3160 admitted that teaching older livestock survival skills wasn’t as easy as teaching the younger ones.”

“Who is John 3160?” Ravana asked.

“My last herd leader,” said Robert. “He was Highly Dangerous, unless you knew what you were doing. Also, they happen to be the father of the two humans on either side of you. He was also an individual that also got sexually excited whenever I gave him a Stomach Bath, even enjoying them at times, but he was very defiant. In fact, we’re certain that we traced his ancestry to a human owned by one Samuel Fang, although we can’t be certain. Seems that the herd leader was of the 10th generation, along with a mate of theirs – traditionally, the 11th generation of such is a Free Domesticated. Samuel didn’t follow this practice, and branded them on the eyelid. Fifteen years later, the herd leader set his son free, being caught in the process, although he bought his son the time needed to escape, killing Samuel in the process. From what we’ve been able to piece together from John’s limited testimony, his father, must have removed the eyelid, and the eye itself, as escaped livestock tend to do such things. He joined a herd, took a mate, which resulted in John. Testimony indicates that John and his mother were captured by an illegal blood production outfit run by one Marcus Fang. The mother was soon braindeaded. The father broke into the place, freeing John, but was seriously injured in the process. Once again, history repeated, the father buying the son time to escape. Again, the young one joins a herd, takes a mate, has a child, and protects his herd against all threats. One day I come along, looking for a Prime Grade buck. He’s not happy, so, to protect his herd, he faces me. Problem was, a bear was also hunting, a big one, that had no issues swallowing a human. The two of us ran, and the bear came after us. I tripped, and the bear attacked me, messing up my ribs. John, he could of kept going, but the bear was too close to his herd, so he made a decision, to protect the herd, he had to protect me. He faced that bear, got his leg messed up, but he killed it. Well, I owed him, so I Claimed him, took him to a very good vet, saved his life, his leg even, and made him Protected. Of course, upon me taking him to the farm, he vowed he’d find a way to free the herd, and ruin me. It was quite fun trying to figure his plan out, which eventually turned out to be very simply, yet brilliant – drug my family, and have the herd leave through the front gate, while he made sure that I posed no threat to the herd, by keeping us inside the house. Sadly, Marcus Fang had a similar plan – John was badly injured trying to protect the herd – all of them taken, along with those that were his sons and daughters. With his dying breath, he told me how much he respected me, both as an enemy, and as a friend on occasion – a bittersweet breakfast he was.” Robert carefully lifted up his walking stick. “John got around with something like this. It makes for a good club in a pinch. Well, Marcus came, started bragging about what he did. Then, he tried to kill me, stabbed me in the heart. Thankfully, I’d had a big breakfast – my wound was able to heal up, I shoved him away, and with John’s walking stick, I made sure that vampire never saw the sunset.”

Agent Fenrir nodded at this. “I remember that investigation. Marcus Fang was involved in a lot of things. Felony Tax Evasion was one of them.”

“Sounds like a well-rehearsed story,” said Ravana. “I mean, most humans wouldn’t fight a werewolf or vampire to the death, yet you say that this entire line would keep fighting, even if it resulted in their deaths?”

“The truth is often stranger than fiction,” said John. “In fact, the line’s story is why I believe that there’s more than being sexually excited at play, along with anything else. I think that Homo Familiaris isn’t afraid to die if it means that the herd will be safe.”

“Hmm, interesting theory, I will grant you that,” said Ravana. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, the Auction is about to start, and I want to watch – it’s raising money for my research.”

That was when the vampire felt a sharp pain in her waist.

“Don’t move, Miss Mara” said Roberta. “It might be a steak knife, but I can gut you like a deer fairly quickly. Thanks for the loan, John.”

The werewolf chuckled, as he used his fork to cut his meat. “The pork is nice and tender enough to not need a knife. Don’t hurt her too much, Roberta.”

“What’s going on?” the vampire asked.

“Knowingly benefiting from the sale of stolen goods is a crime,” said Agent Fenrir. “Conspiracy and all that.”

“I didn’t know that they were stolen,” said Ravana. “He didn’t tell me how he got them!”

“Tomas Lobo trespassed onto the Wolfe Family Park, where he was banned from, and more importantly, that young female you were so interested in is my niece,” said Roberta. “Besides, I’ve been interested in having a little chat with you – you never interviewed a human for your report. You never talked to a Slave, or a Pet, or Livestock, and certainly not a Feral. I believe your theory as to what makes a Homo Familiaris is somewhat flawed.”

“Why would you say that?” Ravana asked. “My theory is rock-solid. My research indicates that Homo Familiaris is highly compliant, and is very eager to be eaten or drained, even getting sexually excited at the aspect.”

“You’re not wrong with the sexually excited aspect, but I suppose that if you felt John’s tongue on your body, you might feel excited too,” said Roberta. “You see, I think that the real separation lies in how far we’ll go to protect those we care about. While it’s true that Homo Sapiens will kill Vampires and Werewolves if their family is in danger, mostly they’ll just do enough injury to stop them from following – broken legs and such. Homo Familiaris though, we’ll kill anyone deemed a significant danger to the herd, even if it means paying the ultimate price to protect them. You’ll see a practical demonstration of this in action very soon.”

“Are you just going to let them do this?” Ravana asked, as she looked at Rex. “You’re a government agent, aren’t you?”

“I remember my first encounter with the one known as John Wrangler, or John 3160,” said Rex. “I was a rookie agent that had gone after a group of poachers that were also murderers. I overestimated my capabilities. The leader had messed up my hand, and was going to carve my heart out, if not for John taking that moment to put an arrow through his. I was able to get to a safe spot because of him. He then took care of the rest of the group. Each of them got an arrow to the heart. He then gave me some deer me to heal up with. Told me that he’d let me live, providing that I never went after his herd. He proved to be a useful ally in that area. Found out what happened to him after he vanished. Then I managed to pick up Wyona and of course Katie here – having a human partner makes talking to some folk easier, as they can talk to human witnesses and get answers out of them easier.”

“Ladies and Gentleones,” said the werewolf at the podium. “The auction supporting the research on Home Familiaris is about to begin.”

“That’s Tomas Lobo,” John said, as he looked at the announcer.

“Alright,” said Rex. The agent stood up, pulling out a badge. “Garlic and Silver Agency – Tomas Lobo, you’re under arrest for attempting to sell Improperly Procured Humans, including those you’ve stolen from their rightful owners, and those of a Protected line. Anyone not wanting to get caught up in this is to start leaving – leave any human you got behind. GaSA will see that if you didn’t know what was really going on, you’ll get them back, safe and sound, otherwise they have been forfeited to the agency.”

At this, many of the patrons started leaving. Garlic and Silver was the sort of agency with the authority to perform on-site executions of vampires and werewolves. In short, it was best to do as any such agent said, even if there was only one of them.

“Do you have her?” Roberta asked.

“.45 trained on her foot,” said Katie. “One wrong move and it will be a stump.”

Ravana looked, and saw that the human belonging to the GaS agent had a handgun trained on her feet. “I’m surprised that you’re allowed to carry a gun. It’s illegal.”

Katie pointed the gun upwards, towards the vampire’s head, as Roberta got up. “GaSA gives Rex the authority to deputize anyone he wants as an agent,” she said. “If he deems it necessary for me to carry a gun, who am I to question the words and orders of my Master, as I’m just a Slave.” There was a grin on the human’s face, that was just as feral as the one spouted by Roberta, not to mention the caged Prime Grade female.

Roberta held out her hand, grabbing the walking club John offered her. “Tomas Lobo, you trespassed onto the Wolf Family Park, and took a human from there, in spite of the fact that not only have you been banned from the park, but also because of the No Hunting rules. Normally, this would be Poaching, but since the human you took is of a Protected line, it’s the same as Kidnapping. Then there’s the fact that one of the others is a stolen Pet – Grand Theft Human. This brings into question the legality of the other humans you’ve procured,” said Roberta, as she walked up to the podium, right next to Tomas. “So, let’s make this simple – release the humans, or else I’ll beat the hell out of you.”

Tomas scoffed at this. “I doubt that you could take me. You’re much weaker, smaller, pregnant from the smell off of you, and just a human.”

Roberta chuckled. “Folks said that sort of stuff about my father.” She kneed the werewolf in the groin, causing him to collapse. She then smacked the downed werewolf in the guts. “I asked you nicely, now I’m telling you – release the humans!”

Robert chuckled as he watched the scene unfold. “A chip off the old block – her father did the same sort of thing to my brother-in-law, all because he called Thomas a sack of shit-to-be.”

“Thankfully, Fred had more than a bit of padding to protect his organs from any serious harm,” said Julia. “Of course, hiking and trying to hunt deer with the Ferals has caused him to lose more than four hundred pounds, of his prior twelve hundred pound weight.”

“Still needs to lose some more though,” said John. “Roberta says she can hear him coming from a mile away, huffing and puffing.”

“Your uncle’s working on it,” said Julia.

“Alright! Alright!” Tomas screamed out. “I’ll let them go!”

“Took him long enough,” said Rex. “Robert, Julia, would you mind keeping an eye on the humans out here?”

“Of course,” said Robert.

“I wonder which ones will be staying at the park,” said Julia.



Jenny watched as her abductor was shoved into the holding area, looking the worse for better, by her aunt, who had a walking club in her hand. It was clear that she was running at least part of the show. A smirk came to Jenny’s face as the hag was forced into the room at gunpoint by Aunt Katie.

“I’m surprised that your line wasn’t marked for Extermination,” Ravana said. “Extremely Dangerous, is what you are.”

“Relax,” said Katie. “We haven’t killed you yet. You’re still owed an interview.”

Roberta shoved Tomas to the cage that held Jenny. “Start with her first. Who is Phillipe Softpaw?”

“I am,” said Phil.

“Sorry about licking your face and calling you Pig Feed,” said John. “We’ll see about returning you to your Owner-Parents.” He looked at the other caged humans. “That goes for the rest of you – you’ll be returned to your herds and homes, whichever they might be, unless you wish to stay on my family’s park.”

Tomas opened the door to Jenny’s cage.

“About time,” she said, as she stepped out. “I was about to-”

That was when Tomas grabbed her by the neck, and held her to him, backing up.

“Since she’s so valuable to you, back off, or I’ll tear her throat out,” the werewolf growled.

Jenny pulled out the stiff wire and stabbed him in the knee.

Tomas let out a howl, and let go of her.

That was when Phil mimicked Jenny’s earlier trick, grabbed the bars on the top of his cage, and used them to get additional momentum to power his legs into Tomas’s. There was a loud, extra loud, crack of bone, as both he and the werewolf screamed in pain.

Jenny ran over to his cage. “Are you alright?”

“I think I broke my foot,” Phil gasped, in pain.

“That’s okay,” said Roberta. “You broke both of this mutt’s legs with that trick. Not bad, for a Pet.”

Phil blushed at this. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome at the park if you want,” said Roberta. “I might even convince my brother to allow you to mate with Jenny even.”

“But, I’m just a D- Grade, and she’s Prime Grade,” said Phil.

“Grade means nothing out in the Wilds,” said Roberta, as she slapped an extra strong set of cuffs on Tomas’s wrists. “Better a D- that’s willing to protect the herd than a Prime Grade that hides from danger, unless there’s a good enough reason to do so.”

John chuckled. “That, Miss Mara, is the sign of a Homo Familiaris. Regardless of the danger to him, Phil was clearly willing to do whatever it took to protect Jenny from further attack. Not a bad attempt for someone that probably never lashed out at a vampire or werewolf before.”

“How’s that for your theory about us being so willing to be drained or jump down a throat?” Katie asked.

“What are you going to do to me?” Ravana asked.

“Depends on how much you knew of Tomas’s operation being illegal,” said Rex. “If you honestly didn’t know, you’ll be let go. Otherwise, you’re an accessory to kidnapping, grand theft human, poaching, illicit selling of improperly procured humans, and other associated crimes.”

“I wouldn’t worry too much,” said John. “I’m sure you knew nothing, and that you’re willing to take an interview with some Feral humans over what they think of your theory.” He looked at Rex. “My family is on the way with the trucks. We should be able to take all the humans away from here.”

“Good,” said Rex. “Paperwork for this case will be interesting.”



The next day, the Wolfe family was having breakfast of ham, sausage, bacon, beef steak, chicken, and venison, alongside of some of their human guests, as well as a werewolf couple, that were always checking up on Phillipe.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” the female asked.

“Mom, I’m fine,” said Phil. “The vet they took me to, ended up doing a pretty good job at fixing my foot.”

“I’ve always liked going to them,” said Julia. “Good with our old livestock, pets, slaves, to say nothing about the ferals we take to them. They should be able to remove the cast in six weeks.”

“Thank you for looking after my son,” the male said, as they looked as Jenny. “It hasn’t been easy for him to make friends, for one reason or another.”

“That’s okay,” said Jenny. “He’s welcome to the park whenever you want. I’d like to see him more often. You should thank my aunt and her Mate though. They really pulled it off.”

“Yes, we should,” said Mrs. Softpaw. “Where are they by the way?”

“Getting in some Quality Time before they come to have breakfast,” said Robert.

“After all, a werewolf’s stomach isn’t safe for a Stomach Bath when there’s food digesting in it,” said Julia.



John lay on his bed, patting his belly, enjoying the feeling of Roberta squirm around inside of him. “You feel so good inside there. You know how to treat a Predator.”

“That bloodsucker’s right about the sexual excitement part,” said Roberta, as she massaged the inside of John’s stomach. “She’s wrong about the dying part.”

“Maybe the sexual excitement part came, and then the violence aspect also came in the more domesticated strains as an underline condition,” said John. “I mean, treat a dog right, and they are very friendly. Treat them wrong, and you got something more dangerous than the wolf that they are derived from.”

“Sounds possible,” said Roberta. “Ten minutes.”

John chuckled as he checked the timer. “At a certain point, we’ll have to stop doing this, until after the babies are born. Thankfully, we got a few more months.”

“That we do,” said Roberta. “You excited to be a dad?”

“I plan to enjoy it,” said John. “Mind squirming for me some more?”

With that, Roberta resumed squirming.

John smiled. Whatever else they were, he cared for his herd, a lot like certain others once had.
© Copyright 2022 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041580-An-Interview-and-a-Rescue