*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041651
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2208434
Most entries are going to be E rated but some may go beyond that.
#1041651 added December 10, 2022 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cut up
1 Onion, diced
1 Sweet Potato, peeled and cut up
Baby carrots
Garlic cloves, peeled and cut up
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 Liter vegetable broth

Preparation: Mix the onion and garlic together. Then mix the Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato together.

Cooking: Use the vegetable oil and add the onion and garlic and let cook until onion turns golden. Then add the broth and let it come to a boil. Add the Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato. Let cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.

While my ingredients are a little bit different than the online ingredients one thing remains common is what is listed for the most part. I don't want too much salt and pepper in my soup because there is such a thing as too much. But seasoning is always an option too. Mom would probably put some extra spices in it I don't know the names of. Everyone is a little bit different. Now that I mentioned having some seasoning and spices which I have at home, time for the main ingredients.

I just so happened to have Butternut Squash if it really is that and Sweet Potato at home. What I needed from the store were the rest of the ingredients. So I came up with just needing carrots and broth, able to substitute the rest. So I waited until I could go to the store and buy the carrots and broth. The onion and garlic at home were unpeeled of course, but I did have the seasoning of onion and garlic too. I don't mind the garlic but the onion makes my eyes water.

The next day I prepared all the ingredients and then cooked the soup according to the recipe. It seems like the vegetables took a while to soften but that's okay. Just as long as the broth was bubbling the entire time was what counted. I never had Butternut Squash before but knew the soup would have a sweet taste because of the Sweet Potato. It would be a new taste to experience since this was my first time ever having the soup. Salt and pepper would be added as needed as I wait for my bowl of soup to cool off enough to eat it.


Rules

Contest: "Sharmelle'sRecipeKitchenContest ~ Closed

© Copyright 2022 Angelica- House Florent B & W (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- House Florent B & W has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041651