*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041675-Probably-Not-This-Weekend
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1041675 added December 10, 2022 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
Probably Not This Weekend
Probably Not This Weekend


I finished my WDC Short Story for this month in about an hour. That includes getting it ready to be created on WDC. As soon as I got that Short Story finished, I started working on my second Short Story for this month. Unfortunately, I didn’t get as far along with it as I was hoping to get. Especially, with about ten of writing time to write it.

Unfortunately, I only got about three and a half parts/sections written on this second Short Story aka about seven hundred words so far written on it. That leaves around thirteen hundred words for me to write tomorrow at work. That’s what I’m going to try to do, but I’m not too hopeful that I’m going to be getting that many words in one day. Even if it is a twelve-hour shift.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not writing that I can’t get thirteen hundred words in about eleven hours. Because I can. I have done it before, and there is no reasonable way I can’t do it again. Well, that isn’t exactly true. True, I have done it before, but I don’t think I was fighting a cold during those times. I don’t remember doing it, but I could have done it.

Of course, I’m going to try to get six and a half more sections/parts written tomorrow at work to finish this second Short Story, but because of the past few days, I doubt that I’m going to be able to finish it tomorrow. I may be able to get five to five and a half more written, but I’m not even going to count on that until it happens.

Why didn’t I get more written on this second Short Story for this month? There are a couple of reasons why not. One reason is that I started this Short Story from scratch. I remembered this Short Story almost admittedly after the prompt was posted, and I thought that I had set up a document to write it. In a way, I did do that. The document was created, but it was blank.

I thought that I did more than just create this Document. Knew I didn’t get too much more than the title and title description. Maybe a paragraph or two, or some single sentences, or both. Unfortunately, I didn’t even do all that much. All I had was the title for this document. That’s why I just wrote above that it was one of the reasons why I didn’t get more writing done on it.

The other reason why I didn’t do more of this second Short Story was written earlier today at work was because of the way I was feeling and a Lack of Concentration. I knew what I wanted to write. Just not sure how to write it. Especially, the first few paragraphs of it. After all, how I try to start all of my stories is with a shock to get the reader interested in finishing it.





© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041675-Probably-Not-This-Weekend