*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041886-Twenty-Four-Total
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1041886 added December 17, 2022 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Twenty-Four Total
Twenty-Four Total


Didn’t think that I would have any more Establishing Shots in this third Act of my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual, but I did. I had one. It could have been another one or two, but I chose not to do it right now. That may change after I finish with this Scene Outline.

Not only may I be adding more Establishing Shots, but I may be changing some Scene Headings aka loglines too. Right now, some of my Scene Headings aren’t very good. I may end up changing them. if I do, it will be after I finish this Scene Outline. All I want to do right now is finish it.

Then I will go back to change whatever I think needs to be changed. Not only the Scene Headings but the single paragraphs too. Especially in the first three Acts of this movie. That’s not all, though. May also be changing the Story Outline. I’ve already noticed that some changes need to be made to this outline too.

I’m getting better at showing instead of telling. I still need some help in doing that. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why I only got twenty-three numeric scenes written earlier today at work. Didn’t have too many problems in writing these single paragraphs, but I did have some problems.

I knew what I wanted to write, but I just couldn’t figure out the best way to write it. Especially, when it came to ending a line. Don’t like leaving more than five spaces at the end of a line, and I had some trouble doing that and keeping with the number of lines I needed for that scene number.

When it comes to my Outlines, I have a specific way that I want to write them. For the Story Outlines, there are three lines for the Teaser Acts and Tag Acts, four lines for the secondary characters, and five lines for the main characters. My Scene Outlines are a little bit different.

With my Scene Outlines, it doesn’t matter who the character is that is highlighting that scene. It’s what scene number it is. Establishing Shots are always three lines long. They are the only ones that are directing single paragraphs. Scene numbers, one, three, six, and eight they are five lines long.

In scenes numbers two, four, seven, and nine, the number of lines is four. As for the fives and tens scene numbers, they are the more action-oriented scenes. So, they are six lines long. My scripts aren’t like this, but my Outlines are. It’s just the way that I like to write my Outlines.

I did twenty-four total single paragraphs earlier today at work, and I’m hoping to do the same tomorrow too. Of course, I would like to do a little bit more than that, but if I can do twenty to twenty-five single paragraphs that would be good. At least I think it would be. Especially, if it’s on a weekend aka Sunday.








© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1041886-Twenty-Four-Total