*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042030-Button-up-your-Overcoat
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1042030 added December 22, 2022 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Button up your Overcoat!


"Button up your overcoat, when the wind is free..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UliCMEdTFE

Hang on your hats folks, it's a good storm headed your way. Today it was -25° when I woke up. Yikes. It is 37° in the basement just feet below my feet. That is cold.

The barometric pressure at last glance was 30.31. Pretty high. In winter a high pressure system will be associated with cold and dry days and frost. Pretty much explains our weather the last few days. Clear and cold. We did have a few inches of snow a few days ago, but clear and cold and dry the rest of the time.

I'm not worried about staying warm. We have a 1,000 gallon propane tank that is 50% full. But I do worry about others with wood heat, fuel oil or electric heat that have problems paying. Even small propane tanks. Fuel is expensive now.

Yesterday we did Meals on Wheels - that was quite an adventure. Getting in and out of the warm car was not fun. I did call the day before to make sure it was going to happen at -20°, but they reassured me it would. So we delivered meals to those who couldn't get out. Then we scurried home to our warm house and made a turkey potpie, and banana bread and auto-cleaned the oven. The kitchen got nice and warm. Today's project is stollen.

So stay nice and safe and warm writing buddies.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042030-Button-up-your-Overcoat