*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042245-A-little-rant-and-whine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1042245 added December 27, 2022 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
A little rant and whine


So glad the hype is over. I hate Christmas and all it has become. I don't get any phone calls from my children. I did call my mother, she didn't want to talk. That is a drag. I don't get any presents from anyone. That is a drag.

So when this time of year rolls around, I go into a dark place. I know Christmas is more than presents. I know that. But I don't have the family around me anymore. I have my husband, yes, but he has his family to support him. Somehow that is not the same. They call, mine do not.

He got a gift from his daughter. A large box of fudge. At least 5# of fudge in the mail. I wanted to throw it away. I hate fudge, It is too sweet, it has milk in it. I cannot eat it. So hubby considers it his job to eat the entire blasted box in the time between Christmas and the New Year. Really? Along with two pastries he made. He's already eaten one of them, and working on another. Merry Christmas to him.

We did go with a friend to a friend of hers for Christmas dinner. Oh my, this place is really in the 'back of beyond'. Out in the middle of nowhere. It's beautiful place, spotlessly clean, gorgeous home. We had a nice dinner with lovely people then had to drive back home again, in the dark, on back roads. Not my favorite thing to do in Montana.

I am now sulking in my cluttered little house, waiting for the remodeling project to be finished. 'Maybe in the new year' was the last promise. It will be a year since we started this project. I am so over it. But I gave it to God. He is in control.

So thanks for reading my crying and ranting and raving. I hope everyone had a good holiday. I'm glad it's over. Bah humbug.

Now I just have to get through the fireworks on New Year's Eve. At least my windows will be closed.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042245-A-little-rant-and-whine