*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042227-The-Day-After-Christmas
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1042227 added December 26, 2022 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
The Day After Christmas
The Day After Christmas


It hasn’t been a typical first day off from work. It’s been worse than that. I would like to blame it on it being the day after Christmas, but I can’t do that. I haven’t been that much into Christmas in decades. Not because I don’t believe in the spirit of Christmas, but because I haven’t had too much money to celebrate it.

Why do I write that it’s worse than typical? It’s because my brother and I have been extremely busy today, and it is because it’s the day after Christmas. My brother and I didn’t have a whole lot that we needed to get done today, but what we did need to do took us a whole lot longer to do than it usually does because it was the day after Christmas. As a result, I didn’t have too much time to get any writing done today.

I did have a little bit of time to write. It wasn’t an all-day need that my brother and I normally have on my first day off from work aka a Monday, but it was very close to being one. It was almost dark by the time we got back home. So, I did have a couple of hours that I could have worked on my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual. I chose not to do that.

There were a couple of reasons why I didn’t continue working on this project. One reason was that I still felt very tired from what my brother and I had to do today. Especially, the way everyone else was acting today. I needed some time to calm down. Unfortunately, that time took up what little I should have been using on this project.

The second reason is that I usually spend my days off writing short stories, poems, etc. Thankfully, I can’t do that this month because I have already finished writing my two short stories for this month. I haven’t posted them to their contests yet, but I will do that within the next few days. My short stories, poems, etc. are my only second reason, though.

I could be continuing to work on my Water Wars scriptwriting project, but I didn’t want to do that. It’s okay to do that in the planning stages and maybe even the scriptwriting stages, but in the Outlines, it can be confusing. At least it is to me. It’s best if I just stick to one scriptwriting project at a time, and right now that’s my second one, The Final Ritual.

It wasn’t a total lose when it comes to my writing, though. True, I didn’t do any physical writing, but I did do some mental writing. What do I mean by that? It means that I did what I often do with a little time for writing, but not enough time to do any meaningful writing. I did research or in this case, I read some scripts. Reading scripts also helps me to calm down. The experts say reading scripts helps you in writing them. it shows you how it should be done. Especially, the more recent scripts. I agree with that.








© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042227-The-Day-After-Christmas