*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042150-First-Half-of-Scene-Outline-Written
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1042150 added December 25, 2022 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
First Half of Scene Outline Written
First Half of Scene Outline Written


Merry Christmas everyone. Like a lot of people, I had to work today. I’m probably one of the lucky ones, though. That’s because I work the graveyard shift. That isn’t all that I’m lucky about. I also get the chance to do my writing. Another advantage of working the overnight shift is that you have more freedom to do that writing. Especially if it’s a post where there are very few if any, other workers there.

Luckily, I’m at one of those posts. There usually isn’t too many besides me on the weekend. Sometimes there are a few, though. If I remember quickly, the most that I have had on a weekend is four workers who work there. It’s normally one to three. Lately, it’s been more like one or two. What I’m trying to get at is that I normally have a lot of time to do my writing.

Not only do I have more time to write because it’s a weekend, but because they are twelve-hour shifts. Slightly over a third more than my weekday shifts which are seven and a half hours long. That should mean I should be getting about thirty percent more writing done on the weekend than I do during the week. That’s the way it should be. Unfortunately, it’s not always like that.

A whole lot of the time the number of sentences or paragraphs I get written is that percentage or more. It’s not always like that, though. Earlier today was one of those days. I barely got fifteen numeric single paragraphs written at work earlier today. True, they were all numeric scene paragraphs. No Establishing Shot paragraphs. They also ended the first half of this Outline.

I only needed fifteen more single paragraphs to end the first half of my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual. Was hoping to get a little bit more than that written, though. Hopefully, another seven. That would have equaled twenty-two single paragraphs. That would have included two Establishing Shot paragraphs too. Unfortunately, I didn’t get that many written earlier today at work. I barely got fifteen written.

I’m off work for the next three days. Normally, I would be working on other kinds of writing besides scriptwriting. Usually in the form of short stories. That isn’t true these three days either. After all, I already got the two short stories that I was working on for this month finished. I have also created them. the only thing left to do is post them to the two contests that I have written them for. I’m going to be doing that in the next three days too.

There are several things that I could be doing regarding my writing over the next three days. If I get the time to do any of that writing. I often don’t get too much time to do any writing because of what my brother and I need to do during my days off. The several things I could do is continue working on my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual. I could also return to my Water Wars scriptwriting project.

There is one other thing I could do over the next three days that I haven’t been able to do on my own for quite a few centuries, and that’s nothing at all when it comes to my writing. I have had to do that quite a few times because of what needed to be done during those days, but I haven’t gotten the choice of doing it in quite a while. Maybe these days off I will.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042150-First-Half-of-Scene-Outline-Written