*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042629-Spreadsheet-Almost-Finished
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1042629 added January 3, 2023 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Spreadsheet Almost Finished
Spreadsheet Almost Finished


Despite not having too much time to work on my third scriptwriting project, SpaceHorrors, I got quite a bit of planning done on it. Not only did I get the Headers and Footers done for my Outlines, but I also got most of my spreadsheet finished too.

Still have a little fill in the cells left to do. Then I need to do some number checking to make sure there is an equal number of scenes for each of the three main storylines for each episode or movie episode. Once I do that, then I will be ready to start working on my Story Outline.

The spreadsheet wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be. After all, this is an anthology television series like The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone. So, the pattern for the episodes is the same. The only difference is the three storylines and the fourth secondary storylines.

At first, I didn’t think that I could do it because the three main storylines couldn’t be done with the way that I write my Outlines and scripts. I like to keep at least two storylines in between the other storyline to keep the one that starts each Act at the beginning and the end of it.

I couldn’t do that. Then I remembered that most, if not all, of these storylines, have a fourth one to make up my problem. It’s not needed, but it also helps me with my problem. What is this fourth storyline? It is what I call a secondary storyline. That’s because it’s related to the main story, but not directly.

What does ‘not directly’ mean? It usually means that one of the characters in the three main storylines has a personal problem they need to deal with. Things like affairs, marital problems, money issues, etc. They are problems that need to be solved, but they normally don’t affect the three main storylines.

True, I didn’t have too much time to work on this spreadsheet and Outlines today because it was a typical second day off from work aka a Tuesday. My brother and I didn’t have a lot that needed to be done today, but what was needed took us most of the day to do. As a result, I didn’t get the spreadsheet quite finished.

Tomorrow, just before midnight I go back to work. That means I will be returning to working on my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual. What does that mean for my third scriptwriting project? It means that if I get any more work on it, it will need to be before I go back to work tomorrow.

Will I get any more work done on my third scriptwriting project this week? I hope that I can, but I might not be able to do too much of it. If I can do anything else to it. After all, my delayed Christmas present comes tomorrow, and I’m not sure when it coming or how long it will take to set-up.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042629-Spreadsheet-Almost-Finished