*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042644-Are-You-Renewable-Rated-E
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1042644 added January 6, 2023 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Are You Renewable? Rated E
For Andre the Blog Monkey's banana bar:

‎1/‎4/‎2023


Manx Cat from Japan


Category 2: What are You doing to save the environment from overuse, pollution, or affecting the climate?
Over the years this has become an idea that we focus on more in a serious way. I took pre-environmental biology in college and some bio-geography courses. All had different focus on things that need to be done to aid the health of the earth.

We changed to using corn as our main source of heat. Corn is a renewable resource. For many years we burned wood. Corn can be grown as a renewable quicker than a tree. It is also easier to grow in a controlled environment than trees. It is easier to harvest than trees and creates less air pollution.

In order to combat the plastic problem, I switched to Earth Breeze Detergent. It is detergent with the water element removed. It comes in a paper folder which can be recycled. The sheets of detergent can be cut up with scissors depending on how much detergent you use per load.

At Christmas, Earth Breeze also ran a campaign for dishwasher detergent which is a small cube. I have eliminated the plastic bottles in which I once bought these types of soaps. Earth Breeze is a dependable cleanser. Plus, it is now delivered through the mail.

For many years I have been using a manufactured Christmas Tree to decorate my home. It is reusable year after year. Mine is close to 40 or some years old. A teacher once told me it takes 70 mature trees to make enough oxygen for one person to breathe. Lack of oxygen can cause you to think irrationally. Planting trees is easier than cutting them down and adds to the planet's health.

At one time we had recycling for our local township. We could take the recycles to the township building as we accumulated it. Now, that is no longer true. Recently, a new alternative to how we recycle has been made available so, we are soon going to be able to recycle again.

At one time in the 1970's there was a dairy farmer who had a setup on his farm to sell milk in plastic one-quart bags. It was shut down some time ago. I wish it was still up and running because the milk bottles we accumulate are more difficult to recycle than the bags were.

The Avatar movie we saw ended with a reference to Albert Einstein's quote: "Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be changed from one form into another."

I wrote some articles for Journalistic Intentions about recycling plastic from the Oceans of the Earth. It has become a dire situation affecting water, sea, and land creatures in Oceans, rivers and streams.
Recycled plastic can be turned into 2 by 4's, furniture, insulation, and many other useable products. It is a beginning to a new way of building and living in simpler energy efficient way.

Recycling is an energy renewable project. We should all be involved in it.

Word Count: 509


© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042644-Are-You-Renewable-Rated-E