*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042761-The-Same-But-Better
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1042761 added January 6, 2023 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Same, But Better
The Same, But Better


I have never liked The Cloud. Mostly because they claim that it’s safe. That no one will be able to get to your files except for you. So far, the way it has been looking, I may agree with that, but lately, it’s gotten worse. I started using The Cloud because my last laptop crashed, and I lost a lot of my writing. Now it’s almost as bad with me using The Cloud.

What is my problem with The Cloud now? It’s that I can’t do any of my writing offline while I’m at work. When I try to save it, they say that it’s pending. I don’t trust that. Because how do I know if when I get home to some internet access that it will be updated? What if I did all that writing at work, and when I got home it didn’t update it?

True, I can get internet access where I’m posted, but I don’t like to do that. Even though I don’t try to go online, I’m still afraid that they will think that I am. After all, I am a male working overnight. My solution to this latest problem from Microsoft is to Save it to my laptop instead of The Cloud. Don’t know if I will continue doing that, though. I could have another crash. It has happened before, and it could happen again.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do right now, but I’m thinking about transferring most, if not all, of my files out of The Cloud and putting them on my laptop. Then I can start saving them to Flash Drives. That may Save them if my laptop crashes again. At least it may be until Microsoft finds another way to cause problems for me. I don’t know why they are doing it, but it sure does look like they are doing it.

That’s enough of my ranting and raving. Now for some very good news. Earlier today at work, I did a little better than I did yesterday. Yesterday at work, I got seventeen single paragraphs written for my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual, but that included fifteen numeric paragraphs and two Establishing Shot paragraphs. Today earlier at work I also did seventeen single paragraphs, but they were all numeric ones. There were no Establishing Shots written earlier today.

What does that mean for this project? It means that I only have five numeric scenes left for Act Six. Once I get those five single paragraphs I will be starting Act Seven. That means I will also be writing two more Establishing Shots tomorrow at work. I don’t know how many additional single paragraphs I will be able to write tomorrow, but after the last couple of days, it should be twenty to twenty-five or more written tomorrow at work.

I’m hoping to be getting more than twenty-five single paragraphs written tomorrow at work, and after the last couple of days, I may just be able to do it. I would like to get forty. After all, it would also end Act Seven. That isn’t going to happen. I know that, but I may be able to get twenty-five to thirty of them written. I’m not going to even count on doing that many until it happens. Especially, if I have more problems with Microsoft.










© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042761-The-Same-But-Better