*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042848-New-Year-New-Words-New-Focus
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Music · #2263033
Living in this chaotic world as a writer
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1042848 added January 8, 2023 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
New Year, New Words, New Focus
If you are reading this then I finally had the courage to post something in this new year. Thank you for finding this new post and indulging me.

Happy New Year to you first and foremost. Hoping that it has started off well and you are excited about achieving some great goals. I wish you nothing but the best and hope that you flourish and prosper in everything that you do.

My year started in Oregon this year. We drove over 10 hours to spend it with my daughter and her new family. Instead of driving over the Christmas holiday, we waited until the day after and then celebrated a quiet holiday with them. I wanted to find a way to move through the holiday a bit happier and I managed to do so. It isn't that difficult to do when you have a new little one in the family. She is now 6 months and honestly the prettiest, happiest little girl I have ever seen. I assume all new nanas feel this way but in time I will post pictures here and you will see.

I came a long way since November 2021 since I joined. It was hard to believe that it has been a year already. I decided to join again and renewed my membership for only 3 more months. Instead of paying for a whole year, I wanted to challenge myself to get on here more and see if it is worth me to continue for another whole year. I thought if I don't at least get on here once or twice a week then it isn't worth me to continue.

The real test came when I joined the Secret Santa here. That kept me coming on every day and fulfilling my duties as Santa. I thought that this was a great idea and put my discipline in. I made every delivery to my person and by doing so showed myself that I could take the time to be here.

Life is funny about time. You have to create the time and show up. That is how I made it happen. I blocked the time out on my calendar and signed on. Making writing.com a priority made it one for me. I could see by doing this why I liked this site a long time ago. Being part of this group (Writing.com) gave me purpose through a dark time in my life. I am finding a new purpose now and writing.com helps support all kinds of writing and writers.

Here is to a New Year full of wonderful moments, great writing and being part of a lovely group.. again.


A beautiful signature created by A E Wilcox that I will display proudly.

© Copyright 2023 andiprescott (UN: hemmingway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
andiprescott has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042848-New-Year-New-Words-New-Focus