*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042952-Spiritual-Gifts---Take-Up-Your-Cross
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1042952 added January 11, 2023 at 7:33am
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Gifts - Take Up Your Cross
prayer prompt
Pray for your church. If you don't have one, pick one to pray for.

blog prompt
What is your belief about speaking in tongues and other spiritual gifts?




There are so many gifts that God has shared with His children. I looked them up, so that I wouldn't miss any, but I am sure that I have not listed them all. I believe that the gifts are for today - all of them. I have used some of the gifts, and I am sure that as I make myself available to God, that He would use others in my life as well. I also give the source of my writings, other than the bible below:

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-life/what-are-spiritual-gifts-unders...

The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. While some Christians accept these as a definitive list of specific attributes, others understand them merely as examples of the Holy Spirit's work through the faithful.

“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-13)

“Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to others gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to others miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11)

“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” (Romans 12:6-8)


This of course is not the definitive list, I am sure, but it's definitely a good start on knowing what is available to us as God leads. Romans 11:29 - NIV - For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Just my two-cents' worth *HeartP*







signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042952-Spiritual-Gifts---Take-Up-Your-Cross