*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043062-Intimacy-With-God--
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1043062 added January 13, 2023 at 7:29am
Restrictions: None
Intimacy With God -
prayer prompt
Pray for all of the superstitious people. It's Friday the 13th.

blog prompt
What is intimacy with God and how is it achieved?



One of the definitions of intimacy is this:

close familiarity or friendship

We have to stop thinking of God as a harsh judge just waiting for us to screw up. He is our Father, and will discipline us if necessary; but He also wants to be our loving Father and a Friend. How do we do that? We spend time with Him in the Word, in prayer; and yes, even just talking to Him like a friend. (a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection).

We make and keep friends with those we interact with; and want to hang out with. There is the formality of going to services, but God wants to hear from us daily. He does know everything, but friendship is a two-way street. We must choose to interact with God, and this builds intimacy. It allows us to not be afraid of God, but to be able to come to Him with everything. And, when we screw up (which we will at times), come to Him with repentance to ask forgiveness. This is a real relationship. He wants one with us. Do we want one with Him?

Just my two cents' worth.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043062-Intimacy-With-God--