*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043118-I-Dreamed-a-Dream
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1043118 added January 14, 2023 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
"I Dreamed a Dream"
Prompt: As Martin Luther King's birthday approaches I remember his I Have A Dream speech and I think of all the things I've dreamed of in my life time. What have you dreamed of in your lifetime?

-----------

Whatever I dreamed of for myself in my lifetime either came true or whatever happened in its place was acceptable enough for me. After all, it is a short life no matter how long we are in it, and at the end, who cares!

Yet, what I have dreamed of outside myself, very few have materialized. Shall I start with world peace and my wishes for friends, family, and for all people I haven't even met?

MLK wrote and delivered this speech about his concerns as to racial justice and equality. I am not sure how to define equality but as to racial justice, I think we're getting there, however slowly.

As to equality, we are not all born equal as if factory made, are we? To begin with, we all have different brains, modes, and fingerprints, and our bodies work so differently from one another. Come to think of it, the failing of medical knowledge happens when the doctors fail to think of us as individuals rather than being factory-made. So can true equality be achieved? I think not.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043118-I-Dreamed-a-Dream