*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043277-Back-In-The-Woods-WC-401-Rated-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1043277 added January 17, 2023 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Back In The Woods (WC 401 Rated E)
Compare living in downtown, rural or suburbs and which one you'd like and why not the others.

Okay, I can answer this with two words: Too peoply!

I grew up in a small town (No! not the song, I really did grow up in a small town on the Mesabi Iron Range). Sure we had a pervert, we had some troublemakers, and we had some dishonest people. But unlike a larger community, everybody knew who they were. In addition, we lived at the very end of town, so all I had to do was walk across a non-busy street and I was out of town. Being introverted all my life, I spent more time on that side of the street than on the town side.

After high school, I lived and worked in the Twin Cities for a bit, but I never cared for all the people, crime, and traffic. So, I returned to the Mesabi Iron Range, found a job in Hibbing, and started my family. But, being young, I longed for more so I enlisted in the United States Air Force and traveled a bit. Then it was back to a different small town. After my kids were grown, my current wife and I moved to South Dakota for a bit, lived in the country for a while, and then lived in a town that didn't really qualify as small, it was more like a wee-town.

When we decided to adopt our grandchildren to get them out of the foster system, we had to live in the St. Cloud area. It didn't take long to remember why I moved from a metro area. Sure, there was about anything you could ever want right close by, but unfortunately, there was also everything you didn't want just as close. Eventually, the adoptions were final and we could move out of the chaos and crime.

Now, I live in the country, but there is a medium size town close by and if they don't have what I want, there're bigger communities within an hour of me. I don't mind the drive, it's not like city traffic where there are a trazillion cars filling up multifarious lanes driven by psychopathic and homicidal people. There may be a few, but not a trazillion.

I think this about wraps it up:


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043277-Back-In-The-Woods-WC-401-Rated-E