*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043395-January-2023---Biggest-Goal-to-Achieve
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #2288868
This is a bit of working with the prompts that are from the "Happy Anniversary" calendar.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1043395 added January 19, 2023 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
January 2023 - Biggest Goal to Achieve
Now, I really want to look at this closer... The exact prompt is:

What is your biggest goal you want to achieve?


At least if I typed that correctly. I have enough time to trying to figure out what my goals for the next day are, let alone anything like the rest of my life. So maybe looking at the rest of my life, is not really going to end up being what it is.

And I want to try to get something more along the lines of a realistic goal. Like, sure I'd love to master invisibility and teleportation... But I don't think those are really terribly realistic. I could go a little more realistic, and have a goal of "write every day," but while it isn't beyond the realm of possibility in the sense of, "violates the laws of physics," it is beyond the realm of possibility in terms of actually being something that I could really accomplish.

The goal of "write every day," maybe does have a realistic alternative. I think a realistic alternative would be looking at the probability that I would be able to write... Let's say in a week, about 3 times. That's just under half of the days of the week 3/7 = 2 and 1/3 so... Yeah... so 2.33 ish... And maybe if I look at the year, and figure I'm not going to have "good" weeks like that every week, 100 times in the year would be something that would be something to accomplish...

I'm not *sure* I can do that. But it seems plausible. And I *could* hit that in 3 months (well a bit over 3 months). At least if I'm measuring at most one writing a day ... I've done 2 today.

So that's kind of a goal... And not just here, but probably elsewhere, I want to see if I can get some kind of "community" happening. That is less of a plausible thing that I have a lot of control over, but it's something I want, and it's plausible in theory.

Beyond that... For the next year, I'm not really sure.

And really, I think that's enough of a writing for this prompt...

© Copyright 2023 Jigme Datse (UN: jigmedatse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jigme Datse has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043395-January-2023---Biggest-Goal-to-Achieve