*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043467-January-20-and-January-21
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1043467 added January 21, 2023 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
January 20 and January 21
Is anyone else in sticker shock? 9.99 for 18 eggs, 6.00 for a gallon of milk., 4.99 for bread ... What are you paying for basic food supplies?

------------

Yes, everything has gone up together with the gas prices, some more than others. I am a BJ's member and I buy most things in bulk so I don't have to go shopping too often anymore and get annoyed. Also, with gas, also from BJ's, the last time I filled the gas tank was about two weeks ago, and it cost $2.77 a gallon and the tank is still nearly full. If this sounds like an ad for BJs, it shouldn't be because they sell things in large amounts and for those things that may spoil, I still go to the local grocery. Luckily, both stores are nearby, and I am not in love with driving in the first place. I also know how to freeze some of the produce that comes in bulk. That helps.


*Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart*



What are you holding on to that doesn’t serve you anymore? Maybe you have fake friends or are in a toxic workplace. These are dead ends that do you more harm than good. Cutting ties and making changes are scary and painful. Imagine how many good things can happen when you free up the space in your mind. Write about something you've let go of....or about too.

I don't get rid of friends that easily and I don't make them as easily either. If friends drift away on their own, for any reason, it's their choice. From my point of view, there are no fake people or friends, just those who have different values than mine.
Then, there are objects around the house that I haven't gotten rid of because they have some emotional value like my late husband's favorite sweater and things from the family that I don't know what to do with and neither can I part with them.
And of course there are photos and albums galore. No one I know keeps photo albums like I do as everything is digital nowadays and I am sure it is a big help for those living in a tight place, but I am still living in the house we owned since 1993 and a few extra memoranda are acceptable to me.
The only thing I have to let go could be the armchairs around the dinette that became wobbly over the years, but since they still work, I am thinking about them. I may get new chairs soon.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043467-January-20-and-January-21