*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043586-Limp-Picks---Extra-Entry-from-earlier-week---Rated-13
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1043586 added January 23, 2023 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Limp Picks - Extra Entry from earlier week - Rated 13+
Are the Olympics still a worthwhile event since they are very expensive, have become political, and just benefit a few, if any?

I didn't attempt this prompt when it first appeared because it broke my heart.

I remember when Nadia Comăneci scored that perfect 10, and what it meant to the whole world. Humankind rejoiced at the glory of it. Over the years, we've cheered them on - those brave-hearts who toil to push the limits, to prove that 'excellence' can be re-defined to higher and higher levels.

Once upon a time, the Olympic Games were the peak of our achievement. They were the potential, they were the striving, they were the victory, and the triumph.

And now, this prompt.

The purity has been sullied. The heroes are looked upon askance. The very existence of the Games is being questioned.

What shall I respond?

Hold on, hold on, let's revive the former glory?

Let go, dump it, it'll never be what it once was ... ?

In all this anguish, my mind is thinking up silly puns, one of which is the title - instead of the real athletes, corruption has led to Limp Picks. (Ha ha pun.) Also, do you meddle with the medals? (ha ha ha haaa, pun.)

Yes, I didn't attempt to answer this prompt when it first appeared, and I am not going to now, either. My heart bleeds for humankind.


Words: 231 (incl prompt)

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043586-Limp-Picks---Extra-Entry-from-earlier-week---Rated-13