*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043550-Pray-back-time---Rated-13---week-4-EXTRA---Words---236
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1043550 added January 23, 2023 at 8:28am
Restrictions: None
Pray back time - Rated 13+ - week 4 EXTRA - Words: 236
The prompt asks:
Do you think teachers, police, and fire department personnel are adequately compensated for their jobs and why?


The answer is NO.

It's like asking if a Mom is adequately compensated for the nine months she spends carrying the child, the nine years she spends helping the child with homework, the nineteen years she spends getting the child on her / his own feet - and the lifetime she spends worrying about the piece of heart she has voluntarily placed outside her body.

A good teacher is like a Mom. She / he worries about the students, even agonises. Not just academically, but every which way. There is no adequate compensation for that.

As for the police and fire personnel - they are on call and putting their lives at risk for the rest of us to stay safe. Again, nothing can compensate for that.

Do they get enough salary? No, they don't.

The prompt goes on:
If not, how would you suggest increasing their compensation?


In terms of money, pay back time.
Do what it takes. Donations, taxes. Even privatisation ... give them their due.

In terms of emotional and moral gratitude -
PRAY BACK time.
Yep. They pray for you or your kids all the time. Pray for them.
Let them know you appreciate them. Say thank you. Send them messages on Christmas. Where you can, find out their birthdays and greet them. They're people. They appreciate appreciation.


Words: 236 incl the quoted prompt

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043550-Pray-back-time---Rated-13---week-4-EXTRA---Words---236