*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043905-Lock-yourself-in-not-out
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1043905 added January 30, 2023 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Lock yourself in not out
For Blog City: Have you ever locked yourself out of the house? What did it feel like? If you haven't, do you know anyone who has and what do you think could be their feelings?


signature dancing owl


The last time I locked myself out it was, because the lock on the back door was turned to lock position and I did not have my keys on me. I Immediately, started to look for ways to get back in the house because no-one else with a key was going to be around for about eight hours. I found a window to the basement that was made of plexiglass. I removed the Plexiglas window by bending it inward enough to remove it from the edges of the frame. Then, it was an eight-foot drop into the basement. There was a chair near the window, so I hooked it with a rake and drew it over to the window. Still too far to enter safely and drop, so I got the large ice chest off the back porch and set it on the chair. I went through the window feet first with my back facing inward. I very carefully let myself down onto the ice chest, then onto the edge of the chair then onto the floor. I was really not too concerned except I was wondering if I was trying to tempt fate the whole time, I was inching myself in through the window. This would no longer work because the windows are all sealed into the frames now. My feeling were all," How am I going to get back in?"

I have a rule about the door lock too. I always check the lock to see if it is turned to unlock position and I make myself remember the key rule. "Always carry your keys out the door with you. Even if it is just to stand on the porch and watch the dogs in the dog pen or deer in the yard.

Later my daughter in law asked me why I did not call her? Alas, my phone was inside the house. *Laugh* Never a dull moment.

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043905-Lock-yourself-in-not-out