*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044451-Lets-Go-Fly-a-Kite-Up-to-the-Highest-Height
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1044451 added February 8, 2023 at 11:41am
Restrictions: None
Lets Go Fly a Kite Up to the Highest Height
Prompt: National Kite Flying Day -- BCoF

Owl with signature


I could not fly a kite today (well I could). Maybe some years February would be an OK time to fly a kite. Some place without snow would be better. I've heard of people flying kites out over Lake Erie. Not necessarily in February.

We have a foot of snow in the field behind the house where in spring I have flown kites before. I have a really large kite I bought for the kids years ago. Once in a while, I get it out and fly it. It is the kind of kite that loves to fly. We have heavy unbreakable string especially for it, because I can put it up on a good day and fly it high enough to not be able to see it.

I once invited some people I graduated with to come out and fly kites. The hay field is a perfect place because it is fairly flat, and we get a westerly wind or breeze that puts up a kite easily. It was at some monthly meeting of the class I graduated with; however, they thought kite flying was a childish endeavor.

It is kind of thrilling to feel the wind pulling on the kite. To know I was able to get it up and then once it is up really high, I worry I will lose it over the forest behind the field, when I bring it down again.

I also have some very small bird shaped kites I bought one year for my grandchildren. They are not as easy to get up but are fun to play with in the wind.

It's a shame to grow so old you can't enjoy flying a kite. I have my own train set. I think that's why the lost boys ran away from home. They did not want to grow up. One of my sons gave me part of my train set for Christmas. I won't apologize for staying young at heart.

Song Lyrics from :Mary Poppins 1964

" Let's Go Fly a Kite Up to the Highest Height,
Let's Go fly a Kite and Send it Soaring,
Up in the atmosphere, up where the air is clear.
OH, Let's Go Fly a Kite."

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044451-Lets-Go-Fly-a-Kite-Up-to-the-Highest-Height