*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044453-Lost-and-Found-Rated-E
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1044453 added February 8, 2023 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
Lost and Found (Rated E)
Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar / Share the Love Event

P7: Interesting discovery in your closet or cupboard (go look and find something)

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .

Owl with signature


Found


I found a knife when I was insulating the living room. It was inside a wall where studs rest.

The handle is 4 3/4 inches long. It is made of walnut wood.

The blade is fastened into the handle on a 1/4-inch slant with two copper rivets.
The blade is serrated. It has a width of 1/2 inch at its' thickest place. The blade curves to a point. It is very sharp. It is 8 1/4 inches long. On the blade is a very small, (EMBLEM, EKCO STAINLESS USA, EMBLEM) writing.

I checked with some family members. Noone claims it. It presently is in the silverware drawer with other odds and ends of knives, can openers etc. When the original paneling was placed in the original kitchen no knives were left in the wall. I have never had a set of knives or a single knife that matches this one. Where it came from is a mystery. How it got into the wall is another mystery.

When the house was first built, the walls of the house were wood paneled. There was a kitchen in one part of the area. Later we removed the kitchen and put in a bedroom. Years later, we removed the bedroom making the whole area into one large living space.

I found the knife several years ago when we started to change the house around. It is perfect for cutting insulation to fit. I'm sure it is not its original intended purpose. When it was first built the house did not have insulation in the wall where we found it.

If you know someone who lost a knife out of a fancy knife set, let me know.

All Word Count on WDC: 306

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044453-Lost-and-Found-Rated-E