*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044573-Busy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1044573 added February 10, 2023 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
Busy!

I went with a friend over to Terry, MT for a SE Montana Tourism meeting on Wednesday this week. Such fun and such fellowship with that group. I love those meetings.

We met at the Evelyn Cameron museum. She was a wonderful photographer in the Terry, MT area. Truly remarkable.

Terry, MT museum

On the drive back to Roundup, only 3 1/2 hours one way, yep, Montana is that big! We talked and talked. Just like we did on Tuesday when we went to Terry for the overnight.

One thing people like about Montana, and find amazing, are the wide open spaces. Oh, and the cows. So many cows! Well, the ride from Forsyth, MT to Roundup is through some wide open space. Along this road you will be surprised to see a car or a truck. I think we saw maybe one or two in that two hour drive. But the most remarkable sight was the sky. We saw the huge big sky with cloud formations highlighted by the setting sun. Clouds that morphed into alien space ships and lizards and pirate ships. Watercolors of pink and gold. Terrific. It also helps that we both have very active imaginations...

My friend Morgan and his partner Joey own a motel in town. They also own a restaurant. That restaurant just got nominated for a James Beard award for the best new restaurant in the country!!!! Truly spectacular. It's like the Oscars for the food world. And in little ole Roundup, no less.

Then I found out I will be representing our museum in Chinook, MT in April to the Dino Trail committee. Okay... I have to get a presentation to this group to add our little town's museum to a group of museums that display dinosaur fossils. This is a project we recently undertook. I have to take along the dino-digger, a man that arrived in town a few years ago. He's been doing some digs around town. He's hard to corral, a non-stop talker, and very energetic. This should be interesting.

Another project given to me - a lady in town wrote a novel and wants me to read it and give her my honest opinion. 400 pages. I'll see if I can fit that in on Tuesday!!!

You know what they say - if you want something done, ask a busy person.

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044573-Busy