*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044853-Quite-the-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1044853 added February 14, 2023 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Quite the day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Did you have fun? Well, what a fun day we had! Yippe! We started off over icy roads for an hour's drive to Billings where I started the day by getting a filling replaced at the dentist. And evidently not only was the filling over 50 years old, good job old dentist!, but I had a cracked tooth and decay because of that to boot. I hate fillings and drills and that big syringe coming at me with novocaine. Now they have some kind of doo-hickey gadget that goes in your mouth to dry out your mouth and constantly suck out the drilling and water that is simultaneously happening. Hmm. Well, my mouth wouldn't open wide enough to accommodate this torture device so she had to rig up one using a pediatric-size insert. So you pop this in, you it hold in your mouth the entire time the dentist is drilling. The only benefit is I didn't hear the drill as much as I could have. But it was soon over, and off we sped to another chore.

When you live an hour from big shopping, you cram everything into one trip. So, shoe repair, haircut, grocery store, another shoe store for a question about a 'squeaky' shoe. Yep, that's right. Evidently hubby's shoes squeak too much and drive him nuts. Whatever. Then to another place for him to question about the knee brace he now wears post-op knee surgery. Then to Costco for big box shopping. For us and a friend.

By now, we are starving. So we decide 'It's Valentine's Day', let's do Outback Steak House. 4 PM is a great time to go. No one there. We had a wonderful meal, attentive waiter. NO ONE ELSE TO WAIT ON! But that's fine. So we head to the gas station, head on home, again over icy roads, this time in the dark. Half way home, I have this feeling I am missing my little purse. It has my ID, credit cards, CostCo card, blank checks, pretty much my entire financial life. When we get home, sure enough. It's gone. Where did I last use it?

So we call and cancel the credit cards, and think back. The last place was CostCo. Then we went to the restaurant. So I call Outback. Sure enough, they have the little purse. We're open til 9 PM. You can come on in and get it.

Well, the answer is NO, we're not driving down an icy road an hour one way, and back again another hour tonight. Can we come tomorrow?

So my knight in shining armor, my hubby, is going back tomorrow to get my purse.

I think that is a wonderful Valentine's Day gift!

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044853-Quite-the-day