*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044858-Visions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1044858 added February 14, 2023 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
Visions
         Soundtrack of Your Life Logo

| Day 8 |





"Visions"
by Rozzi


I have a handful of artists who were featured on my playlist last year and just happen to be making another appearance this year because I found another song that I really enjoy from them. Rozzi's song "66 Days was the one I listened to last year, and this year it's "Visions." The first song was more about discovering a new artist with a unique sound... I featured "66 Days" because it was kind of old school funky, with a good beat and something that I could listen to pretty much anytime I wanted a pick-me-up.

"Visions" is from the same album (Bad Together, her only full album), but there's something a little deeper and more sophisticated to it. I found myself listening to this song a lot when I was feeling a little melancholy last year; I find myself gravitating to songs like these more and more over the years, where I can really appreciate a song that blends a little hopefulness and hopelessness together. Someone who understands how to make music that reflects the often bittersweet nature of the world.

I've been listening to Rozzi's full album an awful lot, and I'm really excited to see what she comes up with next. I think she has a really unique sound and what I hope is a bright future in music.

© Copyright 2023 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044858-Visions