*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045178
Rated: GC · Book · Romance/Love · #2291018
A collection of stories (micro, short and long) on various topics
#1045178 added February 21, 2023 at 8:57pm
Restrictions: None
Wedding weeds (13+)
The day started off just like any other, a beautiful golden sunrise giving way to a spectacular day. The sun beamed through the glass, smothering me in her warm grace. Just when I was starting to relax, opening myself to her embrace….

"Hey, get your hands off me!" The hands that had tended me with such love and care disregarded my outburst. "What...?!" A sharp knife sliced through me and I froze in horror. The pain wasn't bad, but the shock was just awful. How could he do this to me?

My head swam as he carried me, the swaying motion reminding me of days spent with my nose against the greenhouse window, watching the wind blowing havoc outside. I’d never moved so much or so fast in my life.

The water was a relief. I wasn’t thirsty, but the refreshing drink gave my mind some ease. Perhaps he didn’t mean me harm after all. But…. He’d cut me. He’d taken me from my home and cut me. I still couldn’t make sense of any of it.

A young girl joined me, aglow with excitement. “Have you heard?” she whispered. “We’re going to a wedding!”

“A weeding?” I queried in confusion. “But I’m not a weed!” What an offensive young person, I thought, turning away from her.

“Not a weeding, moron, a WEDDING!”

My mind swam with the news. A wedding. I’d heard them spoken of so many times, but never expected to be involved in one. I’m male, weddings aren’t really our thing, you know? The young girls, like Rosebud there, they dream of such occasions.

“Why me?” I asked, turning to Rosebud. “Why would they want me at a wedding?” I was trying so hard to moderate my tone, but her expression told me that my disgust showed through.

“Beats me,” she sneered. “I certainly wouldn’t want you.”

A bunch of roses joined us, in various shades of cream and burgundy. Some were young, like Rosebud, others more mature. The noise and perfume was overwhelming as they gossiped and gobbled like a bunch of turkeys. I thought that was bad until the gyp arrived. Let me out of here! The mature roses ooh and aahed over the babies, and I was dying to escape.

“Oh, thank goodness!” I spun around to look for the owner of that deep voice. A handsome calla lily stood behind me. “I thought I was gonna be the only male here. So glad to see you, mate!”

I sighed in relief. “Boy am I glad to see you!” I laughed.


Written 18 May 2013

© Copyright 2023 Elle - on hiatus (UN: elle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elle - on hiatus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045178