*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045625-Japan-on-the-Beach-Rated-E
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1045625 added February 27, 2023 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Japan on the Beach (Rated E)
Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar / Share the Love Event Part 2

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .  Owl with signature


Personal Prompt 2: A find on a Japanese Beach


A woman, on a beach in Japan, reported an object on the beach. Police and bomb squads found a 5 foot in diameter steel ball resting on Hamamatsu beach.

Japanese personnel were not sure how to respond. You can understand their caution when you take into consideration WWII Hiroshima and recent threats from North Korea. North Korea has been hurling armed rockets into the sea near Japan. Under the circumstances what would you think?

The large rusty steel ball was one more problem Japan doesn't need. Authorities examined the ball and x-rayed it. They soon decided it wasn't dangerous to the public and carted it off to a storage place to rest. I wonder if anyone will claim it?

If you look close at pictures of the object it seems as if there might be a hatch and a handle on one side. After reading several articles about this object I still wonder what is inside?

In one article Professor Mark Inall, an Oceanographer at the Scottish Association for Marine Science, voiced his opinion, that the ball may be a foreign made buoy. He asserted that they may be used as anchoring for instruments to keep them floating in the ocean.

The buoys often break free from ocean mooring and wash up on other shores as well as Japan's. Wet metal, and saltwater account for the scrubby rustic look of the ball in photographs.

Of course, other suggestions include the Aliens are among us version of this story. If there really is a hatch in the object maybe it should be opened. Could be a message to eartlings inside. Or just more rust.

THE END


All Word Count by WDC:301

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045625-Japan-on-the-Beach-Rated-E