*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046093-What-to-Eat
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1046093 added March 8, 2023 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
What to Eat
Weeds or Yummy vegetables?
BCOF Insignia

signature dancing owl


While other people are trying to find ways to get rid of weeds in their yards, I'm trying to find ways to save my weeds and still mow the grass.

Dandelions are very eatable. There are yummy recipes online that tell you what parts and when to harvest the parts for the best eating. I used to give them as treats to my horses and still give them as treats to my parrots.

Milkweeds are a special need to Monarch Butterflies. One of the reasons the Monarchs are down in numbers is the difficulty in finding enough Milkweed to sustain their numbers. It is also used in the production of water safety equipment and the plant itself is medicinal if used properly, but it can alsos be poisonous.

We have a natural pond on our property where I can find mint growing in wild bunches. Mint is used medicinally and is also just good flavoring in salads and summer drinks. I like a leaf in my tea.

Lambs' quarters is a good salad fix and considered a weed. Lavendar grows wild in some places. Lavendar has so many uses.

My point today is, until I started looking at these plants and looking up these plants, I was not aware of the many uses they have. During WWII many plants we consider weeds made it to the family table because food was scarce. Because they grow wild does not make them contemptable. They are in hiding until you find the reason to make them a part of life.


Merit Badge in Every Moment Matters
[Click For More Info]

Happy 21 Birthday Site Week. Thanks for all you do. Love: Megan
}

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046093-What-to-Eat