*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046103-Here-We-Go-----Well-Not-Quite
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Arts · #2290300
How did I get involved in this?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1046103 added March 8, 2023 at 5:02pm
Restrictions: None
Here We Go --- Well Not Quite
Alrighty — We have a cast, we have an orchestra, or really a rhythm combo. It is after all only piano, guitar, bass, and drums.

The cast has begun rehearsing and even has begun blocking some numbers. Blocking for those not familiar with theater terms is the process of the Director assigning positions on the stage to the actors, it also encompasses which direction the actors enter and leaves the scene (a la "Enter stage right"). It also covers which props, and pieces of scenery appear.

The orchestra has not rehearsed yet, and won't until April. I got lucky with finding a guitarist, hoping to find a talented student at my former High School, I wound up with the newly hired guitar teacher. All of the musicians do have their books and again, hopefully, they are practicing. If they are, we won't have to suffer through a lot of orchestra-only rehearsals, and can join the cast sooner!

One major almost faux pax on my part — I forgot that I had given my Conductor's Baton (the little stick thing) away to one of my former students. She was about to start college and needed one. We were saved though, sigh, the magic of Amazon!!

Next week I will begin attending the cast rehearsals so that I get a feel for the show's ebb and flow. So it Starts!


Signiture Item...I'm only the trombone player!


© Copyright 2023 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046103-Here-We-Go-----Well-Not-Quite