*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046247-Why-Do-You-Look-So-Sad
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2292215
Can past life lovers solve a mystery? Will love prevail?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1046247 added March 11, 2023 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Why Do You Look So Sad?
~*Present Day: August 12, 2022*~

Bangkok, Thailand


         He softly held his hand to her, the mysterious man who plagued her dreams. Ashlyn stood on the beach's edge, looking out to the sea. "I promise I will always find you," says the man. Her black hair lightly blew in the wind as she turned to look at him. "Your heart will find me," he says, pushing some hair softly behind her ear. A tear rolled down Ashlyn's face softly. "I love you, Korn," she says, running into his arms and hugging him tight, "Please don't go. We can run away together. There's a lot of places in America where your dad can't find us" Korn looked at Maria sadly. He extended his arms, pushing her away softly. "I have to go. He will send his security after me if I don't get back before he does," Korn said, looking at her. "Wait, no, Korn," Maria said, crying.
         "KORN," Ashlyn screamed as she rose quickly from bed. Ashlyn looked around softly, breathing heavily as she grabbed her sheets. She held her head, looking at the sheets, and pushed some hair back. Ashlyn then looked out the window quietly as daylight could be seen. She got up softly out of bed and walked to the bathroom. Ashlyn turned on the faucet and looked in the mirror, seeing that tears streamed down her face. Ashlyn quickly wiped the tears as she sniffled and then splashed water on her face. Ashlyn walked out of the bathroom and quietly to her closet, pulling out the school uniform and looking it up and down. "New day as a transfer," she says to herself. Ashlyn looked at herself in the mirror and grabbed her book bag. She then grabbed her keys and soon left her apartment.
         Ashlyn stopped at the mailbox on the first floor, checking her mailbox. "Oh, if it isn't my favorite American," an older woman in her mid-thirties said as she rushed to Ashlyn from the front office. 'Oh boy, here we go,' Ashlyn thought to her said, trying not to have an annoyed look on her face. "Did you hear that the couple in 414 broke up? It was a nasty fight that spilled into the lobby," she smiles. "Oh well, that's bad," Ashlyn said as she backed outside the lobby, "Well, I must go. I don't want to be late for my first day of class." Ashlyn turned around and ran outside the apartment complex heading towards the university.

~*March 12, 1982 *~

Bangkok, Thailand


         Marie sat softly on a bench in the quad of T-University, her black hair tucked neatly behind her ear. She flipped a page carefully as she continued her reading. Korn turned the corner of the rec building holding his backpack over his left shoulder as he headed to class. "Korn dude wait up," says Bahm. Korn stopped and looked at the guy. "You are late," Korn told with a solid tone. "I couldn't help it. Veronica wouldn't let me out of bed," says Bahm laughing as he puts his hand over Korn's shoulder. Korn sighed, unamused. "If you put half your time into your studies instead of girls, I'm sure you would have better grades," Korn said. Bahm laughed. "Hey man, don't say it like that. I can do both. You would know if you had a girlfriend of your own," Bahm said to him softly.
         "I can date after graduation and get away from my dad," Korn told him. Bahm shook his head. "Your helpless, Korn, you know that," Bahm said. Maria stood up softly, placing her book in her bag, realizing she would be late. Korn stopped as he turned a pillar. He noticed Maria and quietly watched her as the world around him disappeared. Maria raised her head softly as she got the weird feeling of being watched. Maria stopped as she noticed Korn staring at her. It seemed like minutes had passed, and the world had disappeared from both.
         Bahm shook Korn's shoulder with a bit more force. "Korn, KORN," he says to him. Korn looked to Bahm, annoyed, as Maria looked down. "WHAT," Korn said in an annoyed tone. "Dude, you were just standing there staring. What is it that caught your attention," Bahm said, looking toward where Korn looked. "Ah, the foreigner," he said, smiling. He then patted Korn on his back. "Yeah, you don't have a shot there," Bahm said, laughing. Korn looked to Bahm with an annoyed look again. "Do you know her?" Korn asked him. "No, I don't know her, but I do know that she has gotten asked out by a few guys, and she rejects them all," Bahm said as Korn looked back to the bench where Maria had stood, who had now left. Bahm and Korn walked off, heading to class as they continued the conversation. Maria looked out from behind a pillar. "What just happened," Maria said as she softly touched her chest.

~*Present Day: August 12, 2022*~

Bangkok, Thailand


         Ashlyn rushed up the steps of the university as she was trying to find the club sign-up. She stopped abruptly as she almost ran into a man looking down a pamphlet. "Oh, I'm sorry," she says, bowing softly. The man turned to look at her. "It's fine didn't even feel it," he says, smiling at her. "Oh. I'm Ashlyn," she says, extending her hand. "I'm Team," he told her. A man looking to be younger looked at Ashlyn, then at Team. "This is Pharm," Team said to her softly. "Nice to meet you. Are you guys first years as well," Ashlyn asked softly. "Yeah, we just met as well," Team laughed.
         "Which clubs are you guys joining," Ashlyn asked. "I'll be joining the cooking club," Pharm said softly. "I'm joining the swim club. I'm here on a swimming scholarship," Team said as the line moved forward, "which club will you be joining?" "I haven't made up my mind. I'm good at cooking, but that seems too easy for me. I might join the judo club," Ashlyn said, looking at the list of clubs, "Maybe the debate club. I'm good at winning arguments." Team laughed, "Sounds like a good reason to me." Pharm smiled and then looked down shyly.
         "Hey, would you two care to be friends? I'm a foreigner who knows no one," Ashlyn said softly. Team looked to Pharm, who smiled. "Sure, no problem," Pharm said with a smile, "A trio is always the best." "Thank you both. I promise to be a good friend," she says to them, holding up a peace sign with her fingers.
         Ashlyn stopped noticing a tall man walking towards the steps with a backpack slung over his shoulder. She tilted her head quietly, watching him as he stopped seeing her. She watched him, noticing a sad expression on his face as if he had been searching for something. A blonde-haired man stopped beside him and looked at him. "Dean, what's up," he says to him softly. Dean looked at the blonde hair guy. "Nothing lets go," he says softly and then walks away. Ashlyn's lips parted, and she quietly said, "Why do you look so sad?"
         Team and Pharm looked at Ashlyn curiously. "What," Team asked her, confused. Ashlyn looked at them, snapping out of her trance. "Oh, nothing sorry was a song," she says, brushing off what had just happened.



© Copyright 2023 Riley Panacera (UN: rileysworld214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Riley Panacera has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046247-Why-Do-You-Look-So-Sad