*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046667-What-about-Contentment
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1046667 added March 18, 2023 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
What about Contentment?
Prayer prompt
Pray for this blog

Blog prompt
Write about contentment.



I do want to lift up a prayer for this blog, and for the people who use it. May we always be thoughtful in our writings, and my we be a comfort to one another, as we sometimes slog and trudge our way through this life. May we rejoice in the good times and be an encouragement to those around us. Let us keep our focus forward, praying and lifting a hand to others if they stumble, and cheer them on til we all get to the victory line.

 

 


Sometimes I think that contentment is thought of as being just happy and nothing bad happening to us.
God gave him an answer: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Cor. 12:9)
Paul says the same thing: “I can do all things through him who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).

Can I be happy without being content? Most certainly. Happiness mostly depends on what's going on, around us and to us. Like today, I am happy that I got an income tax return. That gives me some flexibility in getting some things I need without having to always depend on my kids. But there are days that I do get down in the dumps, being unable to work.

Contentment, on the other hand, is that in spite of being dependent on my kids for the most part, I have inside of me contentment that I will be able to heal and get back to work, and that God will take care of me, and if possible, that I will be able to provide for my needs when I can go back to work.

Just my two cents...



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046667-What-about-Contentment