*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046799-For-March-20-TUYC---To-Honor-God
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1046799 added March 21, 2023 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
For March 20 TUYC - To Honor God
Prayer prompt
Pray for Russia, Ukraine, and China.

blog prompt
What does it mean to honor God?



I looked up this question, and this is some of the responses given:

Some common synonyms of reverence are adore, revere, venerate, and worship. While all these words mean "to honor and admire profoundly and respectfully," reverence presupposes an intrinsic merit and inviolability in the one honored and a similar depth of feeling in the one honoring.

Deuteronomy 6:13-14

13 Honor the Lord your God, worship only him, and make your promises in his name alone. 14 Do not worship other gods, any of the gods of the peoples around you.

Psalm 145 1

Of David. I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


How do we honor God? These are some good answers - but also I think the Golden Rule applies: Treat others as you would want to be treated.

As Christians, we are to honor God in all of our actions. Whether it is singing, praising, giving of time, money, well - everything.
And we fall so very short of the mark. We cannot do this on our own; we have to surrender to Him, and do our best. And when we fall, we ask for forgiveness and help.

I also believe it is an attitude. We cannot be "perfect" here. And I don't think God is sitting up in Heaven with a baseball bat waiting for us to screw up. He knows our heart, and as long as we communicate our heart to Him, that is all anyone can do. One day, we will be able to honor Him in fullness; but for now, we do the best we can; believing in His love and grace and mercy.

Just my thoughts.






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046799-For-March-20-TUYC---To-Honor-God